8-3/8" bar ratings

acromegaman

Does anyone have any ratings that they can disclose on some bars that are 8-3/8" long? Preferrablly O1.

• Like 1

Tommy & Nate might have better info, but I remember the Gold being around 540 @ 8 3/8.  The 0-1 that was just below that were T & S.  I think I remember Tommy saying that the T was close to the Gold.  

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Tommy & Nate might have better info, but I remember the Gold being around 540 @ 8 3/8.  The 0-1 that was just below that were T & S.  I think I remember Tommy saying that the T was close to the Gold.  

Thanks Mike! The "T" definitely felt like it is a step right under the Gold. Is there anyone out there who will rate bars for a price?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Thanks Mike! The "T" definitely felt like it is a step right under the Gold. Is there anyone out there who will rate bars for a price?

Andrew P.  (He's super busy)

E.J.  (Nearly as busy at the moment)

5 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

I've no clue beyond what @acorn  has listed in his awesome site.  (Plug, Plug) http://gripratings.com/index.php?id=1

AAron.JPG

Speaking of which...Guys...Aaron created not only this site, but did the work on the Gripsport.org that we rely on...and has created an Excel Document for Grip Contests that many of us have used.  While he doesn't solicit donations, there is a tiny little paypal donation button on the bottom of http://gripratings.com/index.php?id=1.

I try and throw in the hat once a year.  If enough of us contribute just $5, it would make a statement that we appreciate what he's done and continues to do simply for love of the grip.  (steps off soapbox)

final game.png

• Like 5

Thanks @anwnate. I sent a pm to Andrew about a stock order we're working on. Hopefuply he is able to do it.

• Like 2

I'd be interested to see this too.  Not that any particular bar at 8-3/8" is of any significance to me at this point, but if nothing else to test out the 10% per half inch estimation.  

Bent a Q DR a few weeks back at that length, so if 7" = 590, 7.5" = ~531, 8" = ~478, 8-3/8" = ~442.  I bent an IG 155kg that same workout (450-460) so superficially that rate sounds/feels about right to me.