Bending technique

Peter Walentin

DO with hands at waist level and bending the hips and knees when applying force to the bar... Almost like a squat/goodmorning type of movement... I find I can get A LOT more power into the bar - hitting it harder and longer than DO at chin/chest level... The sweep and crush I usually do at chest level... Anyone else with the same experience?

If you are using your legs to bend the bar that is braced bending, tucking it under the chin etc is unbraced bending and i get alot more power doing it that way

Not using the legs at all - the hands and bar are infront of me - well maybe the hands are gracing the thighs at some point but I would not consider that braced bending.... I just seem to utilize a lot more power that way as opposed to more "traditional" DO technique at chin/chest level... But as I mentioned - after the initial kink I Continue with sweep and crush like everybody else...