1/2" Round to a "U"

canthar

This was not planned, turns out I bought the wrong steel for the project I was planning to bend today so I need to shop again. 

No sense wasting the morning with no bend.

• Like 3

How long is that?

that must be between 20-30" long?

most I ever did was 10mm x 10" I think and it wasn't too bad..never really got into braced bending.

Edited by JoshW

Time to put some loops in it.....

Leg crush until the ends touch

put on upper thigh pull left leg to the right and right leg to the left  

lean over top and bounce/push down until the legs start to flatten out

youll see what I mean, give it a try  

• Like 1

Thanks EJ.  I know I should loop it. Just not going to happen with this bar right now. Quite springy and annoying. Will bend it to what I want another time. Have a plan to execute here. :)

Time to climb the list:

TOP 50 RANKINGS

1st) Dmitry Dimurin - 16.75" x 16.03mm HRS round bar - 14 Nov 2015 - Russia Video
2nd) Carl Ansara - 17" x 16.12mm (5/8") HRS round bar - 24 June 2011 - USA Video
3rd) Ivan Beritashvili - 17 5/8" x 15.73mm HRS round bar - 12 Oct 2013 - Russia Video
4) Tim Tolbert - 19" x 16.01mm HRS round bar - 28 Feb 2009 – USA
4) Mike Rinderle - 19" x 16.04mm [5/8"] HRS round bar [A36 grade] - 30 July 2011 - USA Video
4) Manthos Georgantzis - 19" x 15.74mm HRS round bar - 2 Aug 2011 – Gree

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Time to climb the list:

TOP 50 RANKINGS

1st) Dmitry Dimurin - 16.75" x 16.03mm HRS round bar - 14 Nov 2015 - Russia Video
2nd) Carl Ansara - 17" x 16.12mm (5/8") HRS round bar - 24 June 2011 - USA Video
3rd) Ivan Beritashvili - 17 5/8" x 15.73mm HRS round bar - 12 Oct 2013 - Russia Video
4) Tim Tolbert - 19" x 16.01mm HRS round bar - 28 Feb 2009 – USA
4) Mike Rinderle - 19" x 16.04mm [5/8"] HRS round bar [A36 grade] - 30 July 2011 - USA Video
4) Manthos Georgantzis - 19" x 15.74mm HRS round bar - 2 Aug 2011 – Gree

Did not even know that list existed. Hmm

16 hours ago, canthar said:

Did not even know that list existed. Hmm

Getcha some!  :rock:D

• Like 1

@Buccos1 It's great. Definitely better long bar than short for me right now. I can open shoes that I cannot finish over my leg right now. Quite annoying actually. The 1/2" bar here I bent around my leg where I could pull it into shape rather than push down over the leg.

It's fun for sure.  As hard (and brutal) as some of those long bar sessions turned into back then, it was one of the most "rewarding" type of bend I've ever done.  The best, to me, was trying to figure out a certain length of steel ... the angles, positioning, foot placement.  

Just take it slow with the shoes and it will come.  I was stuck on a DC1 for a long time before I was able to open it up, then it became automatic.  Mike and Jedd''s DVD (Hammering Horseshoes) is excellent too.  It was one of few things that I ever purchased that made a difference for me.

• Like 2

The Braced Bending dvd @Jedd Johnson and I did would really help with the long bars too I bet.  Maybe Napalm can run a special if you get both.  ;)

• Like 2

DVD's would be great but I do not have a reliable way to play them right now. Home computer is an IMAC so no dvd drive. One TV with player means talking my wife into watching it with the little bit of time we have after my daughter goes to bed. Not really an option for me atm. Once I can though they are definitely on the list!

Available on-line.  :)

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Available on-line.  :)

Well now I have to go look. Thanks

@canthar - Like Rindo said, these are available digitally. I will send you a PM.