Alexander Klimovich - bend bolt class 10.9 (5/16 x 7")

AlexPritula

That was a great bend. Huge congrats to him. 

@AlexPritula, these bolts aren't harder than big g8. Hannes sent me a bunch, and I've bent quite a few of both through the years. Big g8s are much tougher. After seeing this video I did wrap both up. The 10.9 had nice movement while the g8 had no movement at all. Try for yourself, if you need some I'll Send them to you. 

• Like 1

Superb bend! 

I can confirm what EJ is saying. All 10.9 bolts I've ever bent have been easier than the Grade 8 bolts. And also, all the 8.8 bolts I've bent have been easier than the grade 5 bolts.

• Like 2

On 05.07.2016 at 7:27 PM, EJ Livesey said:

That was a great bend. Huge congrats to him. 

@AlexPritula, these bolts aren't harder than big g8. Hannes sent me a bunch, and I've bent quite a few of both through the years. Big g8s are much tougher. After seeing this video I did wrap both up. The 10.9 had nice movement while the g8 had no movement at all. Try for yourself, if you need some I'll Send them to you. 

I believe you! I built my opinion based on signatures to this video.

@AlexPritula I don't know why but the 6.5 is very very hard. But the 10.9 7" vs g8 7" isn't harder. At 6.5" they are harder. That 1/2" is just a stupid difference in toughness at the 8mm thickness. I can see why you posted that now. 

after seeing the original video I did wrap up both bolts. Got decent movement on the 10.9 and nothing on the G8. 

Edited by EJ Livesey