Something Wrong With Pinch Grip

avasatu

Stripping the coating, or trying to physically alter the hub is not the route you want to take. Get strong instead. How do you do that? Bottom line is your hands need to be exposed to the stress, and have time to recover. How you do that is dependent on what other training you do, how long you've been training, etc.

There are a lot of ways to train. I wouldn't recommend maxing out every week though. Better to do that every 2-3 weeks. Pick a program - timed holds, reps via a 5x5 scheme, whatever, but follow the program, then test your max periodically. Find a training frequency that works for you (1x/week? 2x/week?, Grease-the-groove?). Bottom line is you need to spend time with the hub. Treat it like a life long relationship, not a short-term fling :sorcerer: .

• Like 2

The ironmind rules state the tips must be in contact at the start of the lift. Make sure you meet that requirement, but try to get as much skin contact area as possible with your thumb. This means using the inside surface a bit, not just the fingerprint.

How's your technique on the hub?

I recommend watching how former Iron Mind record holder Zach Jacobs puts his fingers on the hub...This might give you a good starting point...not saying you need to replicate it exactly put pay close attention to his thumb.

After your technique is dialed in I recommend holds for time with around 80% of your max.

• Like 1

How's your technique on the hub?

I recommend watching how former Iron Mind record holder Zach Jacobs puts his fingers on the hub...This might give you a good starting point...not saying you need to replicate it exactly put pay close attention to his thumb.

After your technique is dialed in I recommend holds for time with around 80% of your max.

I agree with the above post. That's one of the techniques I learned while improving on the hub. I was able to get better once I started experimenting on the hub and noticed huge gains from one change I started from working it differently.

I noticed he starts out in standard hub position, and then twists his hand inward towards his body, and in particular, his thumb ends up pressing the hub from the inside surface instead of the fingerprint very quickly. Is this what you guys are talking about?

I noticed he starts out in standard hub position, and then twists his hand inward towards his body, and in particular, his thumb ends up pressing the hub from the inside surface instead of the fingerprint very quickly. Is this what you guys are talking about?

It looks that way but the side of the thumb is not actually touching. It's hard to put into words how this is done. Here is a link to how I hub