A Big Load Of Fail On My Second 5.5" Piece Of 1/4" Crs

ZFJango

What in the world are you using for wraps!? Big no no. Get some imps and throw em in the wash a few times, crease em folded into a third with a weight plate and some big books; and watch tommys wrapping vid pinned at the top of the forum. I dont want you puncturing a hand dude. Good effort but you need to keep the bar high up no matter what, you get zero leverage when it goes low. Also the squares are serious business, stick to the cold rolled round for a while to learn good tech, then the squares will fall in short order.

• Like 1

Just watched a bit of your video.

First problem is you are attempting to bend the steel downwards instead of in front of you. This is commonly referred to as chicken-winging. When DO bending you should place the bar under your chin, raise your elbows level with the bar at chin height and imagine yourself trying to touch your elbows together directly in front of your self. The movement is similar to a bench press as far as travel path.

Second problem is you need real wraps. If you don't have IronMind pads yet you need to get some. With the proper pads you can wrap the bar far tighter which transfers more energy directly into the steel and you can push yourself harder without the thought of impaling your hands in the back of your mind.

Hope this helps man.

• Like 4

So much easier to work these form issues out in person with an experienced bender. Frank has good pointers btw.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Just watched it, respect for sticking with it. I think you might have some flexibility issues as you really can't bring that bar up high man.

When I first started the best way it was described to me was DO is like folding the bar, you tense your upper back and traps, transfer all that upper body power into the ends of the bar and use your index fingers to guide the bar to fold inwards.

• Like 1

Just watched a bit of your video.

First problem is you are attempting to bend the steel downwards instead of in front of you. This is commonly referred to as chicken-winging. When DO bending you should place the bar under your chin, raise your elbows level with the bar at chin height and imagine yourself trying to touch your elbows together directly in front of your self. The movement is similar to a bench press as far as travel path.

Second problem is you need real wraps. If you don't have IronMind pads yet you need to get some. With the proper pads you can wrap the bar far tighter which transfers more energy directly into the steel and you can push yourself harder without the thought of impaling your hands in the back of your mind.

Hope this helps man.

Thank you. It definitely does help. Jared G. gave me the same advice after seeing my video. I was trying to think of what I did to bend that forst one, and I think I pushed forward rather than down, maybe more like proper DO. I will rest up, and hit it again tomorrow. thank you, Frank.

Just watched it, respect for sticking with it. I think you might have some flexibility issues as you really can't bring that bar up high man.

When I first started the best way it was described to me was DO is like folding the bar, you tense your upper back and traps, transfer all that upper body power into the ends of the bar and use your index fingers to guide the bar to fold inwards.

I definitely need to work on flexibility. Thank you, Josh.

What in the world are you using for wraps!? Big no no. Get some imps and throw em in the wash a few times, crease em folded into a third with a weight plate and some big books; and watch tommys wrapping vid pinned at the top of the forum. I dont want you puncturing a hand dude. Good effort but you need to keep the bar high up no matter what, you get zero leverage when it goes low. Also the squares are serious business, stick to the cold rolled round for a while to learn good tech, then the squares will fall in short order.

You are right. I will be working on my form before I try to go any bigger on the steel. Thank you.

First don't bend everyday or at least hard bends everyday. For me at least it is harder to learn a new skill if I am fatigued.

1/4 round to 1/4 square is a bit of a jump. Once you get real wraps, try some 60D nails. They are cheap and don't require cutting. They are slightly harder than 1/4 round and make good warm up bends even after you have progressed a bit.

Nice intensity by the way. All the best.

First don't bend everyday or at least hard bends everyday. For me at least it is harder to learn a new skill if I am fatigued.

1/4 round to 1/4 square is a bit of a jump. Once you get real wraps, try some 60D nails. They are cheap and don't require cutting. They are slightly harder than 1/4 round and make good warm up bends even after you have progressed a bit.

Absolutely true, JHenze, all the way down the line. I tend to get a little obsessive in strength training, and that is an impediment at times. I have to ask, about the nails. Do they tear the wraps up pretty badly? I suppose I can just touch them to the grinder to take care of that. Thank you for the tips. I appreciate you.

Absolutely true, JHenze, all the way down the line. I tend to get a little obsessive in strength training, and that is an impediment at times. I have to ask, about the nails. Do they tear the wraps up pretty badly? I suppose I can just touch them to the grinder to take care of that. Thank you for the tips. I appreciate you.

Not really, most people will never really wearout IMP's. I wonder a little bit about the benders battlefield warps, I hear they are little thicker.

Not really, most people will never really wearout IMP's. I wonder a little bit about the benders battlefield warps, I hear they are little thicker.

Nice, Jared. I am seriously stoked to get the Bender's Care Package you sent, Bro. Thank you again for all of your help, tips, and encouragement. You rock.

• Like 1