What Camera's Are You Guys Using?

KRC

I have a cheap-o Flip camera from like 2009 that is fine from a distance, but up close on the ruler it just won't focus no matter what I do. It's fine if I have a bend at 1.5" and it's clearly below 2, but for the borderline bends, I need HD up close.

Any recommendations?

I have a cheap-o Flip camera from like 2009 that is fine from a distance, but up close on the ruler it just won't focus no matter what I do. It's fine if I have a bend at 1.5" and it's clearly below 2, but for the borderline bends, I need HD up close.

Any recommendations?

I'm running a Cannon L830.

I have a Panasonic FZ-150 which has HD and a Sony Camcorder which has autofocus. I use these with a Joby Gorillapod and get decent recordings.

Good lighting is important too. If I had to recommend I would say that HD and autofocus are the main features of any recording device.

I have a Nikon L 310 I bought for very cheap a few years ago.

My videos come out fairly clear, but I have had a lot of problems with photos. The ISO on this camera needs constant adjusting (I'm not a photographer so I never know what to set it at and have to use trial and error most of the time per situation) and the pictures aren't all that nice anyways. So because of this I can't recommend the camera if your hoping for nice quality photographs, but again it takes clear video and was very cheap.

I have used a Nikon D 5500 several times and love the camera (but its a little complicated for a neophyte like myself lol), it takes beautiful photos and video. I would recommend this camera but its significantly higher priced and again I don't own one so there may be some drawbacks associated with this device I haven't come across with my limited uses.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll look into all of these.

My phone camera works as well, but I don't see how I'd be able to use it alone without the bar leaving the frame. I'll give it a shot on some practice bends.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll look into all of these.

My phone camera works as well, but I don't see how I'd be able to use it alone without the bar leaving the frame. I'll give it a shot on some practice bends.

There are a lot of adjustable phone handles out there

like this

Multifunctional-desk-snake-shape-display

Any recommendations?

Nikon right? We're camera twins.

• Like 1

Any recommendations?

Nikon right? We're camera twins.

Yup, it's pretty good for a sub $200 camera.