Secret Weapon

Jörg Keilbach

I still don't under how a grip machine is any different then any other weight or equipment. Anything can hurt you if you misuse it or over use it.

I'm far from experienced, been using my machine for a few months without injury.

You cant load a gripper far beyond you strength and abilities like that.

An inexperienced person can load the SW up, cheat it closed and end up in snap city.

Its way easier on a SW than on other units.

I dont know of any other exercise where the same overload is possible.

• Like 3

Thanks! Yes, the secret weapon caused some serious damage on my Hands. I tore a small handmuscle and damaged the nervus ulnaris. Thin handles are a Problem and punctual pressure in the Palm. But it's getting better slowly.
+Josh Wright
I think it will take another year to be 100% again. That means training grippers and pinch without any Problems. No, the strange Thing is that i used only 17kg or about 40lbs and that only 5 times 8 reps. But i just think that the overcrush of the SW put undue stress on my Hands.

Meant to post this before but this was the reply i got from him when asked

• Like 1

sumGabriel

9 months ago

Thanks! Yes, the secret weapon caused some serious damage on my Hands. I tore a small handmuscle and damaged the nervus ulnaris. Thin handles are a Problem and punctual pressure in the Palm. But it's getting better slowly.

sumGabriel

9 months ago

+Josh Wright

I think it will take another year to be 100% again. That means training grippers and pinch without any Problems. No, the strange Thing is that i used only 17kg or about 40lbs and that only 5 times 8 reps. But i just think that the overcrush of the SW put undue stress on my Hands.

Meant to post this before but this was the reply i got from him when asked

I hope that he gets back to 100% and that he starts to train like He used to.

Major inspiration for me! I really like that dudes videos :D

So he did not snap tendons..?

Edited by PeterSweden

Nope, no tendon damage that I know of, but his recent video he deadlifted 160kg with FGX and rowed an inch so he's getting back to hisprime!

I still don't under how a grip machine is any different then any other weight or equipment. Anything can hurt you if you misuse it or over use it.

I'm far from experienced, been using my machine for a few months without injury.

As said, its easy to overload it when doing negatives. However if you have one custom built, you can make the handles the exact diameter like a coc and then do positives for the pinky and index finger

• Like 1