10 Inch Spike Bend Video

Tim71

Okay, I still can't copy and paste anything with my computer so if someone could search youtube for Tim Tolbert bends 10 inch spike and check out my video and possibly post it to this thread I would be most appreciative.

Took 21 hours to download the video so it should be a good one ha ha.

Thank you my friend.

The first bend is my warm-up bend of a 5/16 by 10 inch spike then I go right into the full thickness 3/8 by 10 inch spike. Needless to say it was much tougher and I wasn't feeling real strong but I really wanted to get one on video.

That's some inspiring bending man! I thought the first one was the main bend then you melted it like nothing and I realized it must be a warm-up. The second one was just beastly. Great job as usual Tim!

Thank you.

Awesome stuff Tim! I will never be able to bend something that long DO. 7" stuff is still hard for me sometimes.:)

Thanks Nick. Yeah as you can probably tell from the video it's a stretch but something I wanted to do. Really stretching my shoulders out and I can tell you I feel it for a few days.

You've made some good progress Tim! Bending bars that are 9+ inches can be stressful on your shoulders if you have poor mobility. Most of us into strength sport have lousy mobility in our shoulders. While I don't think bending long bars is a good way to achieve better mobility. I do think it at least serves as a good indicator that one does have good, or at least decent, mobility in the shoulders.

Thanks guys. I'll never forget the first time I saw you bend this length David....it blew my mind.

Very strong bend Tim! I once tried to bend 8'' stock, as a test if I ever could try something like the gold nail, and I could not even position it for DO. I can't imagine how flexible your shoulders must be to position and applie presure at a 10'' bar.

Great job.

Thanks Manthos. Coming from you it's a huge honor.