Inch Lifters

Roark

Just say that it is a replica of the most famous dumbell in history which for years was considered unliftable. It weighs only 172# but has a very thick handle. Even if you can deadlift 700 lbs or close a #3 gripper it is no guarantee that you will budge it even one inch from the floor. Say that it has mysterious properties which cause it to spin out of the lifters hand no matter how hard he tries.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strong Man

• Roark

• Bill Piche

• mobsterone

Top Posters In This Topic

I like those approaches. As I recall, when the Apollon wheels replica was at the ASC one man who could deadlift

over 900 lbs was unable to get the wheel (365-366lbs) off

the floor. So, that is a good pitchline. Thanks for the idea.

Ok sort of crooked but similar to what you guys are already saying. :D Find a sponsor to put up a few hundred bucks,have them open a small escrow type account....tell them their is a 99.99% chance their money is safe...and that they'll never have to part with it? :erm BUT?the money is THERE..it IS a legitimate offer!!

Put the word out that there is a 228lb. dumbell and there is a cash reward of 'X amount' of dollars to anyone that can DEADLIFT it.

Specifically say deadlift....as we are almost positive that nobody can(at this moment)do a full deadlift with it...and of course unless Wade or Pfister or Brad or if MOBSTER flies in(or someone along those lines shows up ;) )it is unlikely that it will ever even see air time?

The KEY is the word in the advertiseing IS deadlift.

For the 172# INCH?ditto.Cash(sponsor guarantees couple of hunderd bucks...that sponsor will likely NEVER part with?) reward for anyone that can CLEAN and PRESS it.Sounds like 'no big deal'to clean and press a 172lb dumbell....unless they know the history of the implement ...which is also unlikely.

Again this is a guaranteed 'undoable' feat unless Pfister or Mark Henry show up?

Again the key on the 172#Inch is CLEAN and PRESS...it's all in the wording.... :inno:inno (BTW not push press...that is the INSURANCE! :whistel )

The sponsor reaps the rewards of publicity for money that he will never part with.The task doesn't sound too bad on paper and perhaps some strong 'unknown'guys will get The INCH off the floor...even deadlift it...but we KNOW that the MILLENIUM won't be deadlifted and we(on the forum :online ) KNOW the INCH 172# will not be cleaned and PRESSED

Publicity and fun for all.And IF someone can do these feats...well good on them... :bow:bow

hi guys I know I can not budge the inch, however I personally saw leon humphrey following his 740dl go backstage and dl 525 onehanded to full lockout. this was witnessed by my 2 training partners and john hopkins a remarkable master dler :rock

Joe,

I was one hand cleaning 275 and one hand deadlifting 530 lbs on an olympic bar .I hope this helps.

Chris

Roark,

Stick a 100 dollar bill underneath the Inch with the stipulation that they can remove the bill with one hand IF they lift the Inch with the other! They would have to fully deadlift the Inch AND move it out of the way to get to the bill.

Edited by Sybersnott