Koab Dies Again

EJ Livesey

I was feeling strong today so decided to give a KOAB a try. My guess is this is the 12L14 KOAB vs the 1018. Kink was easy, but everything else sucked. not sure what batch it was from but i can tell you it is not from the past 6-8 months. The sweep almost stopped me in my tracks. On the crush i have a bruise developing under my ring finger nail. I forgot how rough the gripper crush is on my fingers.

http://youtu.be/6cwyQp7Moso

Enjoy!

• Like 6

BKOAB soon??

Yep, yep.

• Like 1

:blink:blink:blink

You're strength comes back quickly. I think you can get this in BBW's. Its your strongest style.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

:blink:blink:blink

You're strength comes back quickly. I think you can get this in BBW's. Its your strongest style.

This was a weak KOAB, no question. But I'm not strong enough for bb wraps and this steel yet. That would rip my fingers apart and bruise my palms. I need the extra padding for the time being.

Wow, that's seriously impressive.

Wow, that's seriously impressive.

Thanks bro. But I'm sure this would calibrate around 650lbs. Maybe a tiny bit more. That's a weak KOAB.

Edited by EJ Livesey

That was an impressive bend, EJ. You really embrace the pain, don't you? I am trying to get to that level of mental control.

Made my day man, amazing.

• Like 1

That was an impressive bend, EJ. You really embrace the pain, don't you? I am trying to get to that level of mental control.

I guess I do embrace the pain. From years of bending big stuff my body does not register pain like it used to. I have become desensitized throughout the years. You will get the mental control, you will train your mind and body to accept the pain.

Thanks bro.

Always impressive when one of these fall!

I guess I do embrace the pain. From years of bending big stuff my body does not register pain like it used to. I have become desensitized throughout the years. You will get the mental control, you will train your mind and body to accept the pain.

Thanks bro.

You are hardcore brother! That kink was epic!

every now and again i get a bending itch... a few weeks ago at a family reunion in PA i ran into one of Steve McGranahan's training buddies (grandparents next door neighbor) real cool dude named Tony can't remember his last name... anyways we ended bending a few 60D's and i was reminded of how brutal this stuff is... hands/wrist sore for days! hats off to you man!!

You are hardcore brother! That kink was epic!

every now and again i get a bending itch... a few weeks ago at a family reunion in PA i ran into one of Steve McGranahan's training buddies (grandparents next door neighbor) real cool dude named Tony can't remember his last name... anyways we ended bending a few 60D's and i was reminded of how brutal this stuff is... hands/wrist sore for days! hats off to you man!!

that kink almost killed me :shutup:. he man when you get the urge to bend some stuff, post some vids or updates. We would love to hear about it. thanks for checking it out.

Edited by EJ Livesey

This that was great to watch

Incredible how quickly you have regained your strength. Keep it up and stay injury free most importantly. You know your body well now it seems though and are on a mission to destroy the biggest steel ever.

Somebody mentioned Steve McGranahan. He's a really good dude. I've got his two training DVD's and I usually have one playing while I'm working out. It's like I've got a workout partner in the room. I would bet that Tony is the guy on the DVD.

We seem to concentrate on the really elite stuff on here lately but it's easy to forget just what a feat of strength bending a 60d is. I've let a ton of people try and never had any success.

So to comprehend what a crazy bend a KOAB really is, well, it's just off the charts crazy.

This that was great to watch

Incredible how quickly you have regained your strength. Keep it up and stay injury free most importantly. You know your body well now it seems though and are on a mission to destroy the biggest steel ever.

Thanks for checking it out Stephen. I do plan on bending some bigger stuff. So far I am listening to my body and it says "keep going". I'm gonna try to stay injury free and hope for the best.

We seem to concentrate on the really elite stuff on here lately but it's easy to forget just what a feat of strength bending a 60d is. I've let a ton of people try and never had any success.

So to comprehend what a crazy bend a KOAB really is, well, it's just off the charts crazy.

You just said something very interesting here. A 60d is a feat all in it's own. I'd like to see more guys bending 60ds and g5, g8s etc. we have been focusing on bigger bends, however I will never refer to my bends as elite. I just hope my bigger stuff will inspire or drive guys to bend, not scare them away. With bigger bends guys tend to get scared away or don't get the recognition they deserve, at least in my experience. Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

I'm in total agreement. This last time around of getting back into bending, I always said that for me, it has to be fun. First time around I got so consumed with progressing in braced bending that I actually would dream about it on a nightly basis. This time around having fun and staying healthy is more important to me than the goals - don't get me wrong the goals are important.

In order to keep it fun now, I still routinely bend my way up through timber ties, 60ds and G5 bolts. I do some G8s but not as much because my current batch is exceptionally tough and with really small pads and steel that small that is still tough, it can be very painful.

For me a bending is and always has been a feat of strength. A KOAB is a tremendous feat of strength.