Finally, A Bending Video

Tim71

Took 5 hours approximately but I finally got a video to load.

This is 21/64 by 7 11/32 inch CRS in ironmind pads.

Okay I can't get the thing to embed or whatever you call it in this post. Can somebody please search youtube for Tim Tolbert bending 21/64 bar and put it in this thread and tell me how to do it?

I can't right click and copy anything to this thread right now.

Well, anyway if you guys can check it out that would be great. I filmed that a week or 2 ago but just now am getting it to work.

Later

Took 5 hours approximately but I finally got a video to load.

This is 21/64 by 7 11/32 inch CRS in ironmind pads.

Okay I can't get the thing to embed or whatever you call it in this post. Can somebody please search youtube for Tim Tolbert bending 21/64 bar and put it in this thread and tell me how to do it?

I can't right click and copy anything to this thread right now.

Well, anyway if you guys can check it out that would be great. I filmed that a week or 2 ago but just now am getting it to work.

Later

Great job on the bend Tim, you killed that thing man!

As for loading videos I'd wager your problem is your using Windows Explorer as your browser...it doesn't seem to be completely compatible with the grip board. You need to switch browsers. I use Google Chrome and I have had no problems with it. If you are already using Google Chrome you might need to go to the bottom of the page and click Change Theme and make sure its not set to mobile. If your still having problems after either of those you will have to can tact Bill.

Thanks guys. Downloading the video was way harder than bending the steel ha ha!

• Like 1

Thing with me videoing bends is that it has to be a piece of steel I can bend fairly quickly. If this had been the 11/32 or 23/64 it would've took a couple days to download the thing.

Awsome bend tim thanks for the motivation

Edited by IJames87

Nice work Tim. How many pounds do those rate?

Get an iPhone!! That's how I load all my vids it's so simple you just tap the YouTube button directing it to YouTube right from the phone. I hate taking video with a real camera because of how annoying it is to load to a computer then put on YouTube.

I phone? I'm thoroughly convinced that once this whole cell phone thing runs it's course, pay phones will make a comeback. Just remember I told you so.

I actually haven't calibrated that particular piece yet. I actually wished it was a little tougher because I don't think it's halfway between the Red and the 11/32 in my opinion. Looks good though.

That was a great bend and I know you said something to me before about not getting the bar up as high. I really really think if you could get it higher during the whole bend, you could really speed up the bend and generate more force. Is it a flexibility issue or something that just doesn't feel normal?

Way to kick it off with a really strong bend. That's a tough bar and you made it look easy.

EJ, the longer 8 inch stuff I have a natural tendency to go really high under the chin but the 7 inch stuff I can sorta go either way. Had this been a really tough bend for me then I might have went higher but I don't know for sure. I guess this just feels more normal but like I told you, keep in mind that back when I started bending, everyone didn't go quite as high.

I'll do some experimenting next workout and see what I can come up with. If you bend a 6 inch piece do you go up that high still?

Thanks for watching it guys and thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can make the 7 inch piece go higher and see how that works.

Oh yea With the 6" stuff I go just as high or a bit higher. I go so high my knuckles dig into my chin and throat. I have to really work for 6" stock. But ultimately it comes down to what works for you. Technique is a term or an idea that is very subjective. We have rules that are very black and white. But technique is a very grey area.

So the questions you have to ask:

1. what will generate the most force?

2. What will keep me as injury free and painless as possible?

3. Am I still abiding by the universal and set rules of bending?

It's a science to some. A mathematical equation to others. Trial and error to most.