Gripper Crush

IJames87

Can someone do a video on the gripper crush. Is it effective for people who have little hands?

Also the rumor isnt true.

LOL I know, I have large hands :(

• Like 2

Can someone do a video on the gripper crush.

Do you mean an over-crush?

I think he means getting a nail or bar bent the last 1/2" or so by grabbing it in one hand (like a gripper) and crushing it down with assistance by the off-hand.

I think he means getting a nail or bar bent the last 1/2" or so by grabbing it in one hand (like a gripper) and crushing it down with assistance by the off-hand.

This

Just watch a Bunch of videos James. Lot of people use that right after the kink. I'll use it if the two kinks don't get it far enough to interlock my fingers. Just grab the bent nail like it's a gripper and place the weaker crushing hand against the one crushing and force close/ crush the nail.

The gripper crush involves grasping both steel legs (wraps) in one hand (like you are holding a gripper) and then placing your opposite hand over the top and squeezing. If you watch one of my videos you will see the technique right at the end of my crushing hits. For me it allows me to bring the ends of the bar in under 2" with more power. It really helps to take steel from just over the 2" mark to below. If it's much wider than that you will not be able to get enough leverage on it. It is brutal on the fingers as you gripper side hand is just flat out mashed into the steel. It hurts like hell and can leave your fingers throbbing with pain, but it works. Unless your hands are under 7" you shouldn't have a problem gripper crushing at just over the 2" mark to below.

Just watch a Bunch of videos James. Lot of people use that right after the kink. I'll use it if the two kinks don't get it far enough to interlock my fingers. Just grab the bent nail like it's a gripper and place the weaker crushing hand against the one crushing and force close/ crush the nail.

King Crusher, what you are referring to is the open hand sweep technique. Not the gripper crush.

Oh good to know. Didn't know they were a different thing. I've never tried gripper close before then.

Ok thanks sean. I was experimenting with it the other day and it killed my fingers so i was thinking i was doing it wrong. Guess i jjust need to toughen up.