Bending Progress

jchapman

EJ suggested I post a max bend in this section, after reading my training log.

I hit an M-bar and then a 19/64" bar today. I was very pleased with the way I kinked and swept the 19/64" bar, but the crush gave me some problems. I am going to bet that EJ tells name not to bend over as much..

M-bar

19/64"

Good work jchap. Yup the experienced guys are gonna tell ya to not bend over haha. Sweet dungeon btw

I've been bending now for 8 years and on a max bend, I still can't help but bend over some. Someone once told me it's because I spent so much time braced bending at first.

I wish I could stop simply because it doesn't look as cool.

Good bend man. Im excited that the bending section seems to be getting alot of traffic lately. Hopefully we can push each other to get some good PRs.

Also with the bending over I feel your pain im currently trying to break myself of that habit so EJ doesnt dropkick me.

Great bends Jchap!

Looks like you are getting in some solid work. The Drill Rod will help strengthen your crush and sweep when you switch back to some CRS.

Next time try the gripper crush technique, it usually helps with the last 1/2" or so of the crush. Also try adding in some rotational torque with the upper body during your crush hits. It helps generate more power your hits.

All in all two great bends! Keep em coming!

I LOL'd when i read your post. you're getting strong bro. The bending over will stop in time as long as you know you're doing it. So know we know what a max bend is for you. so here is what i would do, kink a few M bars, put them down. training is over. next day sweep and crush them, training is over. then do that same thing with the 19/64". You are getting into the "hurt" zone. This is the area or poundage close to the red nail that a lot of guys get hurt at. once these guys get hurt they stop or give up. this what will make or break you as a bender. go slow and be alert. now is the time to tweak your technique, because the red is right around the corner.

By the way I'm very happy to see you posting videos. lots of good and knowledgable guys here.

Edited by EJ Livesey

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate the knowledge and encouragement. I will incorporate the suggestions into my training. I will try the gripper crush when it gets down to the last little bit. That just may be the missing piece. I feel like I just made a breakthrough on the sweep, I used to get discouraged after kinking a bar and feeling helpless to get it any further. The crush is now my sticking point. I will work a few M bars, a few 19/64" and go from there.