My Second Bending Video

Frank Pizzo

As per suggestions I bent a 60d nail. This time I folded my pads into thirds, used chalk, and tried not to lean back so far. This was done after work today so I was a little tired but I wanted to get it out of the way before the holiday weekend! I think I'm doing a little better, but you guys will let me know if there is any improvement in my technique! Thanks again for taking a look...I really do appreciate the feedback!

Bravo!!! A million times better. Nicely done. Your shoulder movement was great. Your stance was great. You got the bar nice and high and kept it there.

The ONLY thing I did not like was it seemed your knuckles got in each others way on the sweep into the crush. Your wraps, at least for me, were in too far. I saw you had your index finger on the wrap. When you wrap your index finger on the bare steel it helps you with two very important things. 1- gives you an extra 1/16-2/16 of an inch. That may be all you need so your knuckles don't touch. 2- let's you know how hard the steel is on the kink. An early warning so you can bail on the bend if you're worried about injury. The problem with this is it hurts, and you will fillet your finger. I'm ok with this, I've found fingers on wraps cause skin splits. Fingers on steel cause filleting. Filleting takes less time to heal. If this interests you try wrapping 1.25-1.5" in.

Bravo!!! A million times better. Nicely done. Your shoulder movement was great. Your stance was great. You got the bar nice and high and kept it there.

The ONLY thing I did not like was it seemed your knuckles got in each others way on the sweep into the crush. Your wraps, at least for me, were in too far. I saw you had your index finger on the wrap. When you wrap your index finger on the bare steel it helps you with two very important things. 1- gives you an extra 1/16-2/16 of an inch. That may be all you need so your knuckles don't touch. 2- let's you know how hard the steel is on the kink. An early warning so you can bail on the bend if you're worried about injury. The problem with this is it hurts, and you will fillet your finger. I'm ok with this, I've found fingers on wraps cause skin splits. Fingers on steel cause filleting. Filleting takes less time to heal. If this interests you try wrapping 1.25-1.5" in.

Thanks a lot EJ! I was wondering why I was having problems crushing the nail all the way down while I did the bend today...what you said makes perfect sense. So then next time I will move the wraps out a bit.

My question is should I go ahead and try grade 5 bolts now or is there something in between I should concentrate on...also should I buy bolts that are 1/4" in thickness or something smaller. Thanks again man!

Stick with graded bolts. I have never had one snap on me. Stick with 1/4 thickness. There is no harm in trying grade5 6x1/4 bolts. I think you have a real shot at killing one or doing some damage at least. I know for a fact I don't have any. I just did an inventory of all my steel. Otherwise I'd send you a bunch. So until you find some or order some, bend the 60d's and get used to the technique. Plus toughen your hands. The bolt head will hurt.

• Like 1

I hope you wrapped up a Grade 5 bolt Frank because I have a feeling you will melt it.

You are so close to really hitting some potential. All it is now is practice, practice, practice to find your own personal leverage sweet spots.

I have a feeling you could see yourself on the Red roster in 2014.

• Like 1

I hope you wrapped up a Grade 5 bolt Frank because I have a feeling you will melt it.

You are so close to really hitting some potential. All it is now is practice, practice, practice to find your own personal leverage sweet spots.

I have a feeling you could see yourself on the Red roster in 2014.

Haven't tried a grade 5 now that I know what I'm doing...but its up next on my list of priorities for bending. I plan on buying bending stock this weekend. As for the red nail, that would be pretty awesome. I'm just gonna keep on doing grip and bending and if I reach the red nail at some point than all the better man! Thanks for taking a look, and thanks for the video comparison on the last bend. You and E.J are helping tremendously!

We can get you to the red nail. What would be awesome is a double cert. The red and the coc3.

• Like 1