Where The Heck Is Kinney? Etc..

jvance

Geralt-

The MM ladder is a great thing... I hope to see you do well! As far as Paul certing the 3.5, that's up to him... Idk if he's the "leading candidate"... But very strong.

And about Randall doing him wrong in anyway... I think it was pretty clear he did the right thing. All Randall asks for is be "Able" to do it before asking for a cert. it's a nice thing to have a free gripper sent for you, and people taking time out to get it all done. You can't cash next week's check... You gotta have it first. :)

We agree for sure buddy. I am not saying Randall did wrong per sé, but I still think that CCS a #4 is maybe not the pinnacle of human strength, but it has never been done before and a lot of big and strong people walk around this planet. Since I guess a lot of them are familiar with grippers it could have been done already. Since that's not the case, I think CCS-ing the #4 is not something that can be done year around for someone. One needs to be at his peak.

I just meant that - and I am not Paul-crazy or something - he was busting his balls in training and showed and proved he was very strong. So when he had gotten the chance it would have been a realistic and well prepared go at the cert. His training was to be seen online etc. So it was definitely not a 'go for a free gripper cert'.

CCS#3 strength is something that can be maintained for a longer period, certainly for the big guys, but I really think CCS#4 strength is something completely different. But that's me of course.

Cheers buddy.

Geralt-

I didn't mean that Paul was looking for a "free" gripper, he just wasn't ready when he asked for the cert.

And I definitely agree with you that the strength to close a no.4 is a peak you reach. They're all like that IMO: when you first close a no.3 , you may not do it for a while...then you get again, and it's a shorter time. Then after a while... You get it every workout. And when you get to Paul's level... You may battle that last bit of the no.4 for a long time. As Kinney said "it's a forced adaption." When you think how long Holle has been able to close the no.4, and is only around (speculation) a ccs with it now, it really puts this feat into perspective.

• Like 1

isn't there a different video floating around from some trade show and a guy handed magnus a #4 and he attempted it?

Never mind. I think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmapTw2CrI

It's not a good video.

A video from that same event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7R2stI-ubU

The lighting is really poor but if that gripper wasn't closed it can't have been missed by much. Doesn't look like he uses a monster braced set in this video. No warm up and no chalk, just brute grip strength!

• Like 2

"There is saying and there is doing" Magnus, Williams, Henry and Shaw are people that I have personally seen that that've the genetic gifts to shut a CCS 4 . If it were easily done it would have happened long go. Big Rich when solemnly asked if he could credit card set a legal 4 in certification If he really trained and wanted to do it... He said " yes" no doubt. The risk, reward and the mindset might just not appeal to him. We each have our own priorities and will.

Please add Mr. Burke to my short list above. He has the tools !

• Like 1