Bent A Couple O-1 Drill Rod "i" Today

king crusher

Hey guys. So I last bent on April 14th. My hands were sore on and off for about four days after those red attempts.

Today my hands felt good so I warmed up with a 60d and then wrapped a letter I drill rod in imps and a piece of leather to see how it felt. It was harder then the. 60d for sure but not a max I felt.

The vid for that is two parts because my daughter stopped short lol.

Then I bent another letter I about 2-3min later in just the imp wraps.

I actually don't think the Leather pieces make it any easier. Just less pressure/ pain in the hands.

My hands do ache just a little now but nothing like after those max attempts on the red.

Here are the vids. Part one and two of first bend

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SinHDKd6Pcw

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ArGhU6Hqs

Second bend in only imp pads.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vrgiMNX0c

So do you guys think my form is better? I tried to concentrate on my elbows " touching"

Also I realized I kinda left out the sweep which looking back probably made the crush way harder crushing from the kink right??

That's definitely a lot better.

Get your hands farther out on the pads. You want the end of the steel poking into the fleshy part just under your thumb. Having your hands that close together is making the leverage much much harder.

Your elbows look better, but you can bring them down. Think about a reverse fly, point them down as much as possible.

I just watched the second bend. You look like you found your groove a little bit on the kink after a little bit of a struggle in the beginning. I would keep building off of that. Also, try to get your upper back more engaged by getting super tight at the begining and then bringing the shoulders forward and down as the elbows move out in front. The bar placement in the hand still needs a big improvement--get your hands further out on the end of the bar. All in all, I can tell you improved over your first video. You had the bar up much higher. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the good tips guys. They don't go unnoticed. And they do help!!

What does this I 7" rod run for poundage anyway? It's from the place sharky recommended.

Cool what about J K L and M? Next I'll be going for the J.

Lookin good bro, I would also suggest the hand placment

as said above, also try to lean back at the beginning of

your bend then with speed and power bend downward

Toaward the floor. Nice job, you got the tough part over

getting the bar under your chin.

Looking much better king crusher! Nice work.

Looks like that 'I' DR will be some good practice stock for you to hone placement and technique. Good job!

Thanks Josh and Sean. Yeah I will work on using more explosiveness for the kink and bringing my elbows closer together. And of course getting more leverage by bringing my hands out to the ends. I probably made the I rod a lot harder then it really needed to be then.