Comeback Trail

Sean Cashman

I used to bend quite a bit but I haven’t bent anything more than a one or two 60d’s since August 2013. I let my bending slide away as I spent more time focused on other athletic activities. I’ve had a few injuries from other things that kept me on the sideline also but they are better now.

My plan is to start back bending once per week till I can manage more. I’m posting this video of a Red in imp’s as my comeback bend. It felt surprisingly hard! A lot harder than I remember! It also felt a little out of sync, like my timing was off.

Hopefully the bending section of this board can grow also and we can see more people post videos. It would be good to see bending blow up on this site. Maybe even create a certification like the 'Battlebar' but only for the gripboard. A specific piece of calibrated steel above a Red nail level that members could cert.

Anyway here it is .. Red nail bend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCAP77Gtn0

Cheers!

• Like 2

I used to bend quite a bit but I haven’t bent anything more than a one or two 60d’s since August 2013. I let my bending slide away as I spent more time focused on other athletic activities. I’ve had a few injuries from other things that kept me on the sideline also but they are better now.

My plan is to start back bending once per week till I can manage more. I’m posting this video of a Red in imp’s as my comeback bend. It felt surprisingly hard! A lot harder than I remember! It also felt a little out of sync, like my timing was off.

Hopefully the bending section of this board can grow also and we can see more people post videos. It would be good to see bending blow up on this site. Maybe even create a certification like the 'Battlebar' but only for the gripboard. A specific piece of calibrated steel above a Red nail level that members could cert.

Anyway here it is .. Red nail bend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCAP77Gtn0

Cheers!

Good to see you back, Sean. Your video showing bar placement in the hand (with the X's drawn on your hand) is a must see for all benders.

Good shit bro, I'm in The same boat as you. At least you can look at it like this: a guaranteed bend for you now is a red. And some guys will never reach that. I know it's a blow to the ego, but trust me when I say this you will progress quickly again.

After almost a year not bending my guaranteed bend is an edgin in BBW. And I have to really really work for that. But my strength is coming back and I'm getting faster bending them.

It will come faster than you think.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! The bending bug is biting again! Already looking forward to my next session.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 50 Reds so I can get some volume work in over the next 6 weeks. Need to condition my fingers and develop a base of strength.

Edited by Sean Cashman
  • Like 1