Maximizing My Bending, Need Experienced Help!

JoshW

Mainly practising reverse bending, but would love to hear experienced benders tips and techniques that they use, positioning etc?

As my technique needs some work and am in need of help as I will not give up on bending! If im going to be honest, I have dropped grippers at the moment to train for this

The best way to get good advice is to put your bends on video

so we can see your bending, This will be much more

effective than you trying to explain it.

I would put videos up but have always been abit cautious about uploading videos and haven't had anything that worthy of uploading yet but I guess I should at some point.

Just very stuck at the moment and am not willing to quit. Just like tensing the whole body and how long the hits should be etc things like that I would like to hear about

Like Joshua said, just post a video or two. Who cares how big of a bend it is? Show us your technique during a difficult bend and maybe we can help.

• Like 1

What helped me the most was talking directly to David Wigren.

He is a great bender and a nice helpful felllow.

I used his advice and alittle from Jedds bending DVD.

In less than 6 months (training a few months here and there) I took the red nail in IMPs in 18 seconds.

I would NOT have gotten there in that timeframe if it wasnt for David.

• Like 1

Thanks guys just what I needed to hear, will try have a chat with him at some point! as to putting a video up I will try put one up of a 60D

If I can give one small piece of advice on the reverse bending and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this or if the majority do this. I switch hand positions and work out both ways. I initially thought I'd be the strongest with my right hand on the inside but now I'm stronger with my right on the outside.

Also, establish a progression. Get steel that doesn't have huge gaps between the difficulty levels.

I use thin pads and do a strict reverse bend but in the past I experimented with thicker pads and my hands further out on the ends and was able to bend a 5.5 inch G5 I believe.

There are way better reverse benders on this board though but just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

If I can give one small piece of advice on the reverse bending and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this or if the majority do this. I switch hand positions and work out both ways. I initially thought I'd be the strongest with my right hand on the inside but now I'm stronger with my right on the outside.

Also, establish a progression. Get steel that doesn't have huge gaps between the difficulty levels.

I use thin pads and do a strict reverse bend but in the past I experimented with thicker pads and my hands further out on the ends and was able to bend a 5.5 inch G5 I believe.

There are way better reverse benders on this board though but just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Will try that I think, training both hands could be good, I appreciate your 2 cents! Ran out of 60D's the other day so went to the store and brought 30bright round wire nails 150mm, they are slightly stronger so it will be interesting to test these.

Was interested in buying a wrist developer as well with a orange and CROM spring