Bending

JoshW

What are the benefits of steel bending? wrist strength etc

& will it affect my gripper strength at all as I am doing light stuff around 60D nail level on my off days on grippers.

Thanks!

Your wrist strengh will go threw the

Roof! It works the forearms and gives

Them a beastly pump, and it has increased

my gripper strengh alot! I really i think it works

Your hole body endurance and strengh. Also

It feels like i get a good testosterone release

when i bend a big bar. So keep it up!

If I can do something slightly stronger than a 60D nail what should I try next?

Just my main goal is grippers at the moment but got really bored on my off days so started bending!

First off what kind of wraps are you using?

And i would go to your hardware store and

Get some 1/4 cold rolled steel or stainless

Is better if you can find it.. grab some 6" 1/4"

G2 bolts and some 6" 1/4" G5 bolts in bending

I suggest attempting stuff you cant fully bend

And keep working at it.

Was using bare hands as I havnt got any wraps so it really killed my hands but then used some kitchen roll and wrapped the ends up to try cushion my hands.

1/4 cold rolled steel should be easy enough to find from my local hardware store.

At the moment I am continuously increasing the strength of the nails until I find my maximum.

First off what kind of wraps are you using?

And i would go to your hardware store and

Get some 1/4 cold rolled steel or stainless

Is better if you can find it.. grab some 6" 1/4"

G2 bolts and some 6" 1/4" G5 bolts in bending

I suggest attempting stuff you cant fully bend

And keep working at it.

Was using bare hands as have no wraps but using kitchen paper towels at the moment to cushion my hands.

Cold rolled steel should be easy enough to find.

Going to upload a picture of what I bent tonight! Took me a good 10mins and never experience such pain before..

Dude order some Imp wraps off cannon powerworks

• Like 1

Nice man! Are those stainless how long are they?

:yikes

Was using bare hands as I havnt got any wraps

Like Joshua said, get some IMPs and have a go with them. There are many ways to wrap. But, I would stay away from anything that might impale you (barehand) or slip (Ostlund or loose wraps), at least until you have been at it for awhile and/or are looking for a new challenge after some time.

IMO, the best way to go from the start is with minimal wraps. There is nothing wrong with thicker wraps but just different. As I started with single IMPs from the start, gains were incremental and injuries were minimal. I did not notice much carryover to wrist strength with DO bending. (I have, later with DU.) But, the rush is insane after chasing a bend for months and the ability to learn to expand your pain tolerance and threshold is like none other, with steel bending.

Nice man! Are those stainless how long are they?

Yes they are and they are just alittle under 6.5" long.

Managed to bend 5 of them at the same time Tuesday and then got 9 last night :grin:

:yikes

Was using bare hands as I havnt got any wraps

Like Joshua said, get some IMPs and have a go with them. There are many ways to wrap. But, I would stay away from anything that might impale you (barehand) or slip (Ostlund or loose wraps), at least until you have been at it for awhile and/or are looking for a new challenge after some time.

IMO, the best way to go from the start is with minimal wraps. There is nothing wrong with thicker wraps but just different. As I started with single IMPs from the start, gains were incremental and injuries were minimal. I did not notice much carryover to wrist strength with DO bending. (I have, later with DU.) But, the rush is insane after chasing a bend for months and the ability to learn to expand your pain tolerance and threshold is like none other, with steel bending.

Il look into buying wraps just to see the difference. Possibly will look into getting some bending stock?

If those are 1/4 stainless its safe to say you could attempt a g5 6" 1/4" bolt. In actuall wraps offcoarse lol.

Hard to judge by a bunch of smaller pieces of steel but I'd try a 6 inch by 1/4 G5 like was said above. Drill rod is also another nice option that will give you a decent crush workout. Fastenal used to sell some 1045 1/4 inch cold rolled steel which was close to a G5 and was a fun bend.

Get some real wraps though. Some ironmind pads and also some suede or leather.