Race To The Koab In Double Imps

acromegaman

Is anybody up for it? I'm needing a new short term goal (well, shorter term than the Gold nail) to keep me progressing in bending and I'm issuing this challenge to anyone who wants to join in. I have never had one of these in my hands, but an order will be put out soon. Double IMPs is what I'm aiming for, but different wraps would be fine because this is one helluva bar. Post your best bend progress if you want to join. Let's get at it!

• Like 1

CANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHERCANCRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The KOAB is definitely on my list of goals to shoot for. It all depends on how much bending I do this year, but I'll join in the fun!

Good deal John! I don't know how far I'll get but I'm going to give it my best!

Does anybody have an idea of what the progression from red nail to koab would look like using 7"?

Thats a good question Tom i bet EJ on the bender battle field would be able to answer that one;)

I actually just cut up some steelworks crs and hrs 3/8th in 7in peices also

I ordered some steel from fbbc and they accidently sent me to koab:)

I think a race to a big grade 8 would work also

The new KOAB I've heard are crazy hard and I don't think anyone has bent them. I think the grade 8 botls don't vary as much and would still be an elite level bend that only a very small group of men have ever bent.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

The G8 sounds good to me..

I kinked a Q drill rod last week and i have moved a pre bent edgin

I have several edgins and a few big8's so will see where this goes after my mm2

Slaughter;)

Did some bending last night with no substantial success. I'll try again later this week and get a video.

I though it would be interesting to discuss what we're all doing progression-wise to work towards a Big Grade 8 and/or KOAB level steel.

I'm going to start working on knocking off some more FBBC Certs once per week at most as a way to build up intensity and volume. My next immediate cert attempts in no particular order will be a huge shiny bastard (possibly tonight), huge golden bastard, huge hexabastard and grand bastard. Once I'm able to get those behind me, I should be confident enough for a Sexabastard attempt. That'll keep me busy for a while and if/when I'm successful with all those bends, I'll re-evaluate where I'm at.

I have some Sexabastards on order and I've been hitting the 3/8" steelworks stock here lately in doubles.

I though it would be interesting to discuss what we're all doing progression-wise to work towards a Big Grade 8 and/or KOAB level steel.

I'm going to start working on knocking off some more FBBC Certs once per week at most as a way to build up intensity and volume. My next immediate cert attempts in no particular order will be a huge shiny bastard (possibly tonight), huge golden bastard, huge hexabastard and grand bastard. Once I'm able to get those behind me, I should be confident enough for a Sexabastard attempt. That'll keep me busy for a while and if/when I'm successful with all those bends, I'll re-evaluate where I'm at.

John, do you do a pressing workout on the days you bend or is bending your a substitute for pressing movements?

Hey Tom....I think you and I pretty much structure our training similarly being that we both do 5/3/1, so....

In a nutshell, overhead pressing beats up my shoulders....I can only go for so many weeks on end before one of them gets funky enough that I decide it's best to back-off. It's during those periods that I will bend on Wednesdays instead of overhead pressing. For this period of time then, I can bend once per week since the bending does not aggravate my shoulders in the same way pressing does.

If I'm just looking to sort of maintain where I'm at or just bend for the fun of it...I may bend on one or the other of my upper body deload weeks after my press or bench sets are done.

I never bend before pressing or bench and I never attempt a heavy bending session (or any bending really) after a heavy press or bench workout....it's one or the other. Deload weeks are different because the weight is kept light and I consider it a warm-up for bending.

I think I'm heading into a period right now where I'll be bending once per week to try and knock off some certs until my left shoulder feels better :)

• Like 1

Go get it guys! A big Gr 8 is a huge bend, but also attainable for some of you guys with some hard work. I'll be following this thread looking forward to seeing some solid bends as you progress. Good luck!

• Like 2

Got my Grade 8s in the mail yesterday and I gave one hell in doubles and managed a barely wobble bend. I've got some work to do :)

Got my Grade 8s in the mail yesterday and I gave one hell in doubles and managed a barely wobble bend. I've got some work to do :)

Big Gr8's have stopped most strong benders. I don't think even Rinderle finished one. I think the best documented Big Grade 8 bends were EJ and Tommy in BB wraps. Gazza claims to have done it in paper towels and reversed one in IMP's. Who knows.

Good luck to all.

I kinked a 7in Qbar tonight that Ej Lively sent me in Imp and 6in sueds

It will be going down soon once i get that insane

Ramp up under control..

post-23284-0-71554600-1390172378_thumb.j

Thanks and yea im in this race ;)