Who Will Certify On The #4 Under The New Rules First ? Predictions?

kasparov

Does it really matter with wheight classes in grip? The world record is 50 kilos something in 1hp? and if your wheigth is light it would not care much right? because it is not a heavy wheight for the body?

It's 46.2k in the 1HP (current World Records in the 83k and 93k classes).

I have not competed in the 2HP since they introduced the new weight classes. I did 88-something in 2006 at a bodyweight around 85k.

I will probably compete later this year in the 74k class.

There is no representation by Sweden in the WR list for the 2HP so I would like to change that.

I think this has now gone way off topic. My applogies for that.

It matters if you want the sport to grow. Otherwise you will eventually end up with pro strongmen dominating all events, all displaying a very low grip strength to body weight ratio. Size does actually matter as shown by Mike Burke, Rich Williams etc. Why would climbers, for example, with their huge grip strength to body weight ratios want to be demolished in a grip competition by people three times heavier but only 50% stronger? The introduction of weight classes have resulted in more people wanting to compete.

Again off topic.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1