Pain In My Palm From Crushing In Imps

PeterSweden

Anyone else gotten a sore/hurting palm from crushing with little padding?

I crushed 2 8mm HRS and 3 im reds in IMPs yesterday and my left palm near the wrist is really painful in some positions and on touch.

Common?

Maybe I overdid it? cant remember crushing in IMPs before. maybe I did, maybe I didnt. Not this much anyways.

Definitely normal to experience pain when crushing in IMP's. That's a lot of hard bars crushed for just starting to work in IMP's so good job.

When this happens usually I take 3 or 4 days off, and my pain tolerance will be stronger than before. For me, I think it is important to rest at this stage and let the nerves pull back.

I got a bruise on my palm the first time I bent a Black Grade 8 in IMPs. I had to take a couple days off and rest for it to heal up. That is a lot of force pushing into your palm with small wraps. It takes time for your hands to get use to IMPs. I'm trying to do volume with light steel in IMPs to toughen mine up.

Yeah I bruised mine a bit recently doing volume work with 60d galvanized nails to build pain tolerance+ work technique. I think its just your hands adjusting to the force your putting on the bar I'm taking a few more days off right now as well. I can't imagine what it would take to crush some of the steel the top guys do, must take time I feel to build your hands up to handle that force.

Great, I was a bit afraid that I had (bad word filter)ed summin up in my hand cause I feel almost nothing in my right hand but my left feels like if I had slipped on ice and fallen hard, breaking the fall with my hand.

Nice to hear that Im not alone ;)

Great, I was a bit afraid that I had (bad word filter)ed summin up in my hand cause I feel almost nothing in my right hand but my left feels like if I had slipped on ice and fallen hard, breaking the fall with my hand.

Nice to hear that Im not alone ;)

IMP's hurt, especially at first, but EJ convinced me to only work in them and it has definitely put me over the top. I actually prefer them now. Its worth it to allow your hand to condition. Going to bigger wraps will be easier than working down to small ones, at least in my experience.

• Like 1

yup, normal to bruise up the hand at some point from minimal stuff. contrast bathes, tiger balm, massaging and vitamin K will offer the fastest recovery for you. pretty easy stuff to do at some point each day.

• Like 1

You are in my same situation man last week i was back to bending with 5,5 red nail in im pads and during the crush i got a pain in my left palm;stop bending right now and let your hands heal up or you can seriously damage soft tissue.

• Like 1

You are in my same situation man last week i was back to bending with 5,5 red nail in im pads and during the crush i got a pain in my left palm;stop bending right now and let your hands heal up or you can seriously damage soft tissue.

it's funny you mention this. I haven't been able to bend in ~2 weeks since I bruised cartilage and bone from a 5.5" red in IMPs. I went for the crush a little too early and then I heard a bunch of crunching. Oops. Lol.

it's funny you mention this. I haven't been able to bend in ~2 weeks since I bruised cartilage and bone from a 5.5" red in IMPs. I went for the crush a little too early and then I heard a bunch of crunching. Oops. Lol.

ahaha yes those 5,5 red nails are tough! :grin:

talking seriously i think that bending is the most dangerous feat in all grip stuff.

Allright, yeah I wont be bending much with pain anyhow :)

I didnt hear any crunching going on and it didnt hurt much as I was bending but the day after. Ahhhhhhhhhhh >_<

Rest. I've torn multiple tendon sheathes in my hand. Let the bruising be a sign and rest before you push to far.

• Like 1

Yes less pads are more pain !

Give it time to heal up > 3 or 4 days. Do not bend while the palms ar hurting much!!!

The hands are able to create some good paintolerance with practise > but it takes time, and a lot training.

• Like 1