Possible To "twist" Metal?

GotAGrip

I was looking at a very small spanner that I have and wondered if it would be possible to twist the spanner rather than bend it lengthways? If you could find a way to grip both ends, would this work? I know it would be a lot tougher than bending, but is it worth striving for?

Thought I would point out that I meant with the use of some extra leverage. I was thinking of using adjustable wrenches at each end, holding one end in place and twisting the other.

That probably don't make sense. I think I will just try it out in the morning haha. Physics will probably be against me though.

There are guys who can twist 60d nails around eachother... Not sure how though. Haha. It looks damn hard.

I twisted a 3/16 square bar into a R for my last name I'll post it when I get home. Its not a big piece of metal and I used only 1` wrap to twist it easier. It was kind of fun I wanted to spell out my name but broke a few instead + didn't have enough. I'm not that strong yet with steel bending so I imagine some could twist some pretty big pieces.

Couldn't edit my post but I doubt this is what you meant now that I read your post.

4Af9Hsy.jpg

Yet I think shaping the metal into letters or objects can be fun these were only 3/16 square stock-I think around 6 inches- planned to spell my name like I mentioned but ended up snapping more for time and didn't have enough pieces. These were not that hard but I think 1/4 square+ or similar could be challenging. I just used one small sude wrap to shape it easier and to break them quicker + made little harder.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Couldn't edit my post but I doubt this is what you meant now that I read your post.

4Af9Hsy.jpg

Yet I think shaping the metal into letters or objects can be fun these were only 3/16 square stock-I think around 6 inches- planned to spell my name like I mentioned but ended up snapping more for time and didn't have enough pieces. These were not that hard but I think 1/4 square+ or similar could be challenging. I just used one small sude wrap to shape it easier and to break them quicker + made little harder.

That's a pretty cool idea, might give that a go.

Time for some super squats for breakfast and then I might try some metal twisting for lunch.