Getting A Tight Wrap - Every Time!

jvance

I know there are other well-reputed methods of wrapping your stock but here is what works for me... been bending on and off for 2 years and i have constantly experimented with my wraps - this is by far the most effective way for me... any of you who are just starting out and would like a consistent method that can help you get to the next level should check this out

• Like 2

Awesome I have struggled with getting the wraps to not bunch up. I have to go get a pony clamp, thanks for putting this up.

I've seen using pony clamps but this is a first with the initial start of the wrap how you do it in the video. Very interesting and can't wait to try this.

Something to add:

I said in the video.. "about 1 inch or 1 and half"..... blah blah..

I went back and got the precise fold over measurements for each common stock diameter:

3/16"; IM white nails - Fold over 1 inch

1/4"; Yellow and Blue nails and most 60D - fold over at 1,1/4"

5/16"; Red Nails etc - Fold at 1,1/2"

3/8"; Gold Nail/80D stock - fold over at 1,3/4"

Some further tips:

Nail goes on the side that is folded over solid.... you want the sloppier side on the outside of the nail

When using Ironmind Pads, start wrapping on the NON-tag end for better results

Also, it may be helpful to mark out your measurements on your wrap for better consistency

Edited by jvance

I've seen using pony clamps but this is a first with the initial start of the wrap how you do it in the video. Very interesting and can't wait to try this.

This is called the 'Eaton Wrap' :rock as you can see, it rocks out.

apologies if others have been using this method - i am not trying to take credit.. this is for informational and can be especially helpful for beginners..

when i started out i would have loved to have known this kinda stuff

John is a really good friend of mine and he like you just wanted to give a little help to those starting out in the bending arts - thanks for sharing your tips because it just may help the next bending berserker!