Stephen Ruby

How many days do you bend a week?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many days do you bend a week?

• 1 day only
    • Every other day or roughly 2-3 days a week
    • Every day
    • 4-6 days

I'm curious to see how many days a week do you train bending. Now this doesn't just mean bending but wrist training in general. Like if you bend once a week and do wrist training a few times a week also that counts.

For me different styles were worked with different frequencies. Double overhand I could bend almost daily and numerous pieces, double underhand a couple times a week but would need a few pieces to work up to a max and reverse was only every 7-10 days with one maximal bend.

For me different styles were worked with different frequencies. Double overhand I could bend almost daily and numerous pieces, double underhand a couple times a week but would need a few pieces to work up to a max and reverse was only every 7-10 days with one maximal bend.

For me its very similar. I get the most outta reverse every other week. I also split up kink and crush session to reduce fatigue and hand soreness for DO. I'll kink 5 bars one night and come back the next day to crush them. This also allows you to get more comfortable with the different technique for different parts of the bend rather than just 'must bend steel'.

I've experienced the same as the guys above. Currently I just do DO anywhere from a 2x/week to 1x every other week. That's only because I mainly train grip and mix in bending where I can.

I train 1 day a week. Doing 4-5 working bends and then usually going for a max bend every workout. My hands are usually pretty done after that. I might do sledges 2 times a week, if I'm feelin' froggy.

Edited by Idiedintothe

Twice a week bending/wrist but my technique needs work. Three days grip and then my primary training is 10-11 (one to one and a half hours each) training sessions a week which does include time spent on a rope so I have to watch the volume.

Thanks for the feedback I just got my FBBC beginner bag and have been doing only light bars to work technique but every other day so around 3-4x a week. I'm going to cut back my volume and work harder steel and do it only once a week and work other areas of grip the rest of the week. I know muscles take about 48 hours to heal but how long do the hands or wrist take to heal?

Thanks for the feedback I just got my FBBC beginner bag and have been doing only light bars to work technique but every other day so around 3-4x a week. I'm going to cut back my volume and work harder steel and do it only once a week and work other areas of grip the rest of the week. I know muscles take about 48 hours to heal but how long do the hands or wrist take to heal?

When they do, I'll let you know :whistel

All depends how much you beat on them. With some handstand work my wrists have ached for a month straight before.

it depends on your own level of recovery... when i did kta last year it conditioned my hands thru straight up abuse.. i went from a 122# SM to a 149# COC 3 from february to may during the program - HOWEVER, based on the fact that I am trying to round out my grip skills and i do a ton of different stuff - I don't have the recovery ability to do kta... (kta basically is a brutal 2 and a half month program based on heavy singles, negatives, and overcrushes on an almost daily basis)

to be ready for kta, you probably need 6-12 months of solid grip training under your belt to survive that program - its not for the faint of heart!

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1