304ss Bend Imps

daniel reinard

This was a full bend PR in IMPs. I felt like junk on all the days bends so it's hard to say how tough this was. It did feel a little easier than a 485 shiney. Maybe this fastenal 304ss was 475ish. Who knows. It did, however, die in 47 seconds.

go to 5:05 for the bend

• Like 1

Great bend Daniel! You seemed real hesitant during that kink. The grip doesn't have to be perfect, sometimes it's better to just blast it with everything you have even though you feel that you might not have the best grip on the bar. Most of the time that work better than wasting energy trying to find the sweet spot.

Great bend Daniel! You seemed real hesitant during that kink. The grip doesn't have to be perfect, sometimes it's better to just blast it with everything you have even though you feel that you might not have the best grip on the bar. Most of the time that work better than wasting energy trying to find the sweet spot.

thanks David. my technique is still quite rusty and backing off on bending frequency hasn't helped. It has been a couple weeks since I bent. Shoulders were stiff and not wanting to get into position. Back was stiff too, from a bad rib between the shoulders and a torn rib muscle down lower. Also still finding where I like the wraps again. Basically I'm all messed up. LOL. I can't do volume right now, not for a couple weeks, then I can get back to decent frequency.

Killed it. I think I might order some of that stock and give it a shot. It looks like you've got a few more pounds of bend in you though Dan.

Killed it. I think I might order some of that stock and give it a shot. It looks like you've got a few more pounds of bend in you though Dan.

Thanks man. The stainless is fun stuff. Nasty ramp on the sweep and crush. I think i'll work this stuff some more too just for that. Those are my biggest weaknesses on the bend in terms of a BB cert.

What are the specs on the Battle Bar?

It's a 500-520# "R" (.339") sized drill rod. 7" long. The kink is probably easier than the crush.Since it's a fat drill rod the crush ramps up hard. Must bend it in IMPs no bands in 3 minutes. I feel I'm about a 490 kink but my crush is probably going to need more work to kill the R bar.

To qualify for this cert one must bend one of three bars, edgin, R drill rod, or a FBBC stainless hexabastard. Unfortunately most R rod rates about 600# so that's probably not a good option. An edgin is just a different monster. The best qual bar is the ss hex. I need to order some up. Those still rate above the Battlebar so if I can use that to qualify then the BB will go down.

Interesting. I want to smash. Why are the qualifying bars harder than the Battle Bar?

What website are you guys finding these bars on? I have searched the FBBC site and all I have found is the Benders bag.

Interesting. I want to smash. Why are the qualifying bars harder than the Battle Bar?

the best answer I have bro is the battlebar is really hard to find, that size and rating. Being as it is a limited quantity on hand, they want to make sure someone is ready to try it. Wasted cert bars would prevent those who are ready to might miss a chance to cert it.

the best answer I have bro is the battlebar is really hard to find, that size and rating. Being as it is a limited quantity on hand, they want to make sure someone is ready to try it. Wasted cert bars would prevent those who are ready to might miss a chance to cert it.

That's exactly why. You have to be at the point where you can bend the Battlebar any day of the week regardless if you're having a bad day or messed up during the bend. The pre-cert also serves to ensure that the person certing knows the certprocess and is capable of filming a good cert.

• Like 2

Hell yeah Daniel! You are killing some big steel! Way to go brother. 5/16 SS is no joke! great job.

How's the triple cert looking?

Edited by SeanC

Hell yeah Daniel! You are killing some big steel! Way to go brother. 5/16 SS is no joke! great job.

How's the triple cert looking?

Will find out this weekend. :D

Thanks bro.

Hell yeah Daniel! You are killing some big steel! Way to go brother. 5/16 SS is no joke! great job. How's the triple cert looking?

Will find out this weekend. :D

Thanks bro.

Boom! Smash it!

• Like 1