Whats Causing Tingles In My Last 2 Fingers? (reps)

Jones1874

Teemu brought up a good point with the nerve mobilizations.

A contributing factor could also be a double crush injury where minor nerve issues coming from the neck, shoulder, elbow, etc all combine together to cause a real problem. I have a similar ulnar nerve issue to you but most of the problem actually comes from my neck.

So to sum up my rambling the nerve mobs should help but it can't hurt to throw in some forearm flexor/extensor stretches along with some gentle neck stretches to prevent the nerve from being compressed in those areas as well.

You are right about nerve issues in the neck and shoulder area.

The problem with muscle stretching just often is that in the case of very clear nerve symptoms if a person goes for a stretch they can feel in their muscles they are pushing it too far when the nerve tension is considered. making things worse.

I agree. My thinking was nerve mobs in conjunction with muscle stretching for problematic areas with the actual rehab progression being based on symptoms. Any symptoms that remain after the stretch/mobilization means you went too hard and it's time to back off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just bumping the thread to say that i havent been having the tingles in the last 2 fingers anymore. all i did was some stretching x2-3 a day and cut out the dircet forearm work which i was doing in a day-on-day off fashion. all though i had lots of good info on nerve flossing, i gave it a go but decided not to carry on because i didnt know if i was doing it right or not.

its a shame because i really wanted to bulk them out. i feel that using a plate loaded gripper or the orbigrip is one of the best ways to improve supporting grip (but thats just me), everytime i use one for a good length of time, my forearm flexors and supporting grip gets really good. it just so happens, that the muscles they train cause the most irritation to my elbow joint. i think the fact that i cant do what i consider the best bang for your buck exercises, is why my grip will never be as good as others, or where i want it to be.

i have considered trying to train the forearms directly again, but just twice a week with half the sets and see how i fare. if it gets worst this time around i may pay for an MRI scan while its at its worst so i can see whats causing the problem. its only in the one arm aswell which is what makes it worst.