Anvil Brand 1' X 3/8" Draft Keg #6 (ab6)

Mike Rinderle

Pretty dang happy to finally move one of these beasts. Of course the camera didn't focus for the best bend of my life, but you can still see it pretty good. Been after this shoe for years!

AB6.jpg

• Like 4

Holy crap wow. Pardon me for lack of knowledge about bending...does that ridiculous piece of metal go on a Clydesdale?

• Like 1

That thing looks like a freakin' boomerang when it is pulled out to an S. Fantastic job man.

Jedd

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Anwnate, yes Anvil Brand makes these for big draft horses like Clydesdales.

David Wigren and Jason Bergmann have also moved one of these. The race is now on to see who will cert one first!

That's crazy!!! What's the thickness on that thing? 7/16"?

• Like 1

These are supposed to be 3/8 x 1", but they measure slightly thicker. The steel is different from most shoes. It's definitely springier and tougher to move and keep moved. I think they just heat up flat stock and bend it around an anvil or form. Most shoes are forged. These also flake a heck of a lot more as well.

Is that shoe for a Brachiosaurus? And if so why would anyone make a shoe for an animal that has been extinct for millions of years?

• Like 1

I have one and it is at strait as the day i got it. Awesome bend Mike!

Thanks Nick! Don't worry, I have been trying for over 2 years to get one of these. HAHA

Holy crap that looked like a LOT of pain buddy! Awesome bend Mike!

• Like 1

Well, it didn't feel good. Lol I have a big lump/deep bruise right where I crush. I need to take a few days off and let it heal. That was actually the plan. Who would have thunk I'd get that darn thing into crush range? Haha

I can see this going down before the end of the year. Bergmann better watch out, so that Mr Rindo doesn't sneak up from behind and take the first spot!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Murdered a WH6 today in doubles, but the leg still won't let me do much crush work. If this thing ever heals, I might actually finish a shoe. :glare: The WH6 was surprisingly easy compared to the AB6 even though it is just as thick and wide, with shorter legs. This just confirms that the metal in the AB6 is different than the Kerckhaerts. I had it kinked and swept in under a minute and a half. Just stopped at 150 or so because I still can't use my crush leg.