New To Bending/technique Help Wanted

jchapman

I am new to bending and would like to have my technique critiqued. Below are two bends I did today. Please let me know what I can improve on. Thanks in advance!

PS I also posted on Bender's Battlefield.

Nice job man! You will no doubt gets lots of help on benders battlefield. Your technique looks good so far. One thing you could do is instead of leaning backward on the initial kink is lean forward and drive your upper body down into the bar. Imagine a diagonal line from your head down to the floor when you hit the bar and hold it as long as you can to get it moving. You will get more leverage and power that way.

This isn't something you necessarily need to do or improve on, but it might help if you try to keep your elbows up a little more during the first part of the bend. Your form looks good though.

When you kink, it appears you are pulling the bar into your chest. I think it will help you if you rotate your pinkies somewhere in front of you and push hard!!! :)

When you kink, it appears you are pulling the bar into your chest. I think it will help you if you rotate your pinkies somewhere in front of you and push hard!!! :)

Not much excites me about bending these days Mike. But seeing you back is a very nice surprise man! Hope you're doing well.