Race To The Red Nail

Chez

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrfLmwCVJOQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My 2nd red nail of the night. First I bent 4) 1/4x6 CRS, 1) 1/4x6 square, 1) 5/16x6 HRS, then 6) Red nails. I had more in me, but my hands did'nt.

• Like 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrfLmwCVJOQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My 2nd red nail of the night. First I bent 4) 1/4x6 CRS, 1) 1/4x6 square, 1) 5/16x6 HRS, then 6) Red nails. I had more in me, but my hands did'nt.

That was easy like Sunday morning. Have you bent one in under a minute in the IMPs without the rubber bands. You look like your ready to cert. You have some huge hands by the way.

Nice work! Yeah, your hands were made for grip sport, you're in the right place!

Thanks guys. That's also what my arm wrestling bros all tell me. LOL. I did bend number 6 last night without bands. I think I'm close to the cert but I don't want any problems when it comes to the time so I'll give it a little longer.

All last night were under a minute BTW.

• Like 1

This is my younger brother bending a Red! He's made some great progress!

• Like 1

Thanks! Your brother is progressing pretty fast.

Nice work Acro!

Thanks guys. That's also what my arm wrestling bros all tell me. LOL. I did bend number 6 last night without bands. I think I'm close to the cert but I don't want any problems when it comes to the time so I'll give it a little longer.

All last night were under a minute BTW.

I think you're ready now, due 6 in one night in singles under a minute is a lot!

This is my younger brother bending a Red! He's made some great progress!

Very Nice. He murdered that bar very quickly.

Not sure how relevant my bends are to this thread anymore but here's a Hex in doubles.

That was easy! Good job man! How does the FBBC regular barstock compare to the certified FBBC barstock? Or is it the same thing?

That was easy! Good job man! How does the FBBC regular barstock compare to the certified FBBC barstock? Or is it the same thing?

The stock has varied over the years by pretty big margins in some cases, but their is no special cert stock.

For example bastard bars have been as low as like 400 to as high as 500 now. So those on the cert list could have certed with easier or harder stock just depends. Benders Battlefield has rated stock you can bend for certification bends. Red nails have been pretty consistent as well.

• Like 1

Well said Stephen. Richard Bean, one of the guys on Bender's Battlefield, said he estimates these bars around 540 - 550.

Edited by Idiedintothe

Not sure how relevant my bends are to this thread anymore but here's a Hex in doubles.

that bend is relevant. This thread is about motivation and helping each other reach the red nail certification. That is a fantastic bend and great motivation for the rest of us. Great Job dude.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement Chez! I'll keep posting!

Chez is right. It also might help some of us know where to venture after the Red.

I'm still working almost entirely on 7 inch steel but and me Mike Sharkey want to push each other on 6 inch DO bend in BBWs so I took this down today:

Easy money

Thanks Tom! I did a 7 inch x M bar and 7 inch x 5/16" HRS bar after this in IMPs and they were effortless. As soon as my MM4 Cert is over, I'm going to really attack bending.

• Like 1

Bent 3 Red nails completely cold tonight. Would've kept going but the beginning blister I made the other night turned into a popped blister. Good job on the 6" Red Chez! I don't think I have that in me just yet.

• Like 1

Well said Stephen. Richard Bean, one of the guys on Bender's Battlefield, said he estimates these bars around 540 - 550.

I do not doubt these numbers one bit for the current bastards. Even though I have only done bending maybe 8-10 times total in my life, the last time I tried I did manage to bend a 1/4" x 5" CRS from steelworks fairly easy. Probably around 350-375# estimation. I then tried to bend one of my bastards from my FBBC beginner's bag and barely even wobbled it at all. I seriously thought I broke my wrist in the process. Once I hit it, I knew I had bit off more than I could chew. Felt like it was easily 480-500#.

Bent 3 Red nails completely cold tonight. Would've kept going but the beginning blister I made the other night turned into a popped blister. Good job on the 6" Red Chez! I don't think I have that in me just yet.

Thanks dude. 3 reds in a row is freaking awesome. sounds like they are crazy easy for you now. Certification is around the corner. Can't wait to see the video.

Haha. I wouldn't say crazy easy but I am getting a lot more comfortable with them.

The stock has varied over the years by pretty big margins in some cases, but their is no special cert stock.

For example bastard bars have been as low as like 400 to as high as 500 now. So those on the cert list could have certed with easier or harder stock just depends. Benders Battlefield has rated stock you can bend for certification bends. Red nails have been pretty consistent as well.

Reds have been moderately consistent, but not totally. The Spiral Reds I have were quite a bit easier to crush, maybe as low as 400#, but all in all they have been far far more consistent than FBBC. The main thing that has changed for the Red cert, was that before sometime around 2005, you were allowed to use leather wraps. I think IM instituted the IMP rule sometime around then. The level of variance has made me lose all interest in climbing the FBBC lists. It doesn't mean anything to me to be on the Bastard roster when I'm on there with guys who bent a 400# bar in doubles and I have to bend one at 500#. Its a little bit different as you get into much harder stock like the Hex, as there has never been such a thing as an 'easy' Hex.

The current Red's I estimate to be around 430#. Mike K is supposed to be calibrating one of the 3 Reds from my cert, so that will give you an idea of the current stock. However, I have had several batches of Red's from IM recently that were as much as .2" shorter than 7". While one might not think that this makes a difference, one would be mistaken. For those chasing the Red, I highly recommend buying some calibrated stock to check your progress. As I was working up, I knew exactly where my #'s where, as one would expect an OLY lifter to know what was 100%, 90%, and 80% for himself. Just my approach.