First Bending Video: Blue Nail Do In Imps

Chez

I decided to really pursue the Red nail cert. I don't have tons of bending experience but this is my first bending video. more to come:

I have no doubt you'll get there in short order.

Thanks dude. I'm going to really work on my technique because right now I'm just muscling through it and I'm going to need good technique for the red nail. Just gotta keep practicing.

Looked easy for you! Time to buy some 1/4" hex, 1/4" square, and 1/4" grade 5 bolts to play with! Have you tried cutting down the blue to 5.5" or less?

Looked easy for you! Time to buy some 1/4" hex, 1/4" square, and 1/4" grade 5 bolts to play with! Have you tried cutting down the blue to 5.5" or less?

Haven't tried cutting the nails yet. I went to local hardware store to look for 1/4" inch grade 5 bolts 6 inches long but they didn't have any. They only had 4 inch ones. I need to stop by a bigger place like home depot soon.

Try McMasterCarr's website for the bolts.

You need some G5 and G8 bolts @ 6". Home depot will most likely not have any. You need to check out a more specialized store. In Flagstaff I can get them at Copperstate. I dont Know if you have that store in NY but you for sure have a place to find what you need. The price will drop dramatically if you invest in full boxes. Like form $1 to $.50 per bolt.

Thanks guys. I'm going to hit up some stores after class tomorrow and hunt down those bolts. I'm out of blue nails :(.

Solid bend. Raw strength. You'll smash the red for sure.

Strong Bend of the Blue. Onto Grade 5's & 8's then the Red. You will have the Red soon. Good Luck.

Thanks guys. I'm going to hit up some stores after class tomorrow and hunt down those bolts. I'm out of blue nails :(.

Chez- If you have difficulty finding grade 5 bolts, I can usually find boxes of them by me, and we can meet up and get them to you. Just let me know.

Thanks dude. I'm going to really work on my technique because right now I'm just muscling through it and I'm going to need good technique for the red nail. Just gotta keep practicing.

You will also have to work on bending steel stock that is 7" in length like the Red Nail in order to get used to that length. For this, you will eventually have to buy steel bars that are 5/16" thick and bolt cutters.

Good stuff! Have fun on your bending journey.

(null)

Chez you made that look too easy! If you get a box of grade 5, 6" bolts let me know and I'll give you some money at the tournament for a few of em. Sick bend, I'm sure you'll be crushing down that RED sooner than you think

Chez- If you have difficulty finding grade 5 bolts, I can usually find boxes of them by me, and we can meet up and get them to you. Just let me know.

You will also have to work on bending steel stock that is 7" in length like the Red Nail in order to get used to that length. For this, you will eventually have to buy steel bars that are 5/16" thick and bolt cutters.

Thanks Steve. I may take you up on that offer. Went to 3 hardware stores and no luck. Only other option is ordering them.

Chez you made that look too easy! If you get a box of grade 5, 6" bolts let me know and I'll give you some money at the tournament for a few of em. Sick bend, I'm sure you'll be crushing down that RED sooner than you think

Definitely. If I get a box by then. I'll bring them with me. We need to destroy that red and get on the list.

Thanks for all the support guys. Really appreciate it and all the helpful advice.

I decided to really pursue the Red nail cert. I don't have tons of bending experience but this is my first bending video. more to come:

Nice vid, if it's anything like the other goals you've set...then count the red nail as 1 going down :grin: