60d Reverse, Galvanized

mightyjoe

Hello my Bending Friends!

I rarely post in the bending forum but after yesterday I may have a renewed interest

in bending once again.

Paul Knight came down for a visit yesterday and he convinced me to try a 60D galvanized,

reverse style. After a few tips from the Master himself I gave it a go and I bent the nail rather

quickly (maybe 15 seconds).

I realize this is no big deal to most that consistently bend but for me it was a HUGE PR for several reasons:

a) I haven't bent anything, any style in over 2 years.

b) My last Reverse style bend was 4-12-08 with a piece of HRS, 7" x 1/4"

c) These particular galvanized nails are harder than the shiny's I have.

Didn't get the bend on video but I believe those that know me or Paul believe both of us to be credible

witnesses.

Got 2 other PR's on video from hubbing 2 - 45's at the same time (PR for me) and then another PR

with #2.5 added to each plate. I was stoked for sure!!! 3 PR's in one day!!! I'll post them when Paul

sends me the videos if Paul doesn't post them first.

BIG THANKS to Paul for coming down and for the great advice/suggestions he always has up his sleeves.

Well done! That is serious for a starter. And you yourself are credible so personally I'll believe you without a video.

Well done! That is serious for a starter. And you yourself are credible so personally I'll believe you without a video.

Thank you very much Alawadhi! I appreciate your comments!

Great bend Joe! Reverse 60D is very nice.

Thanks Ben!

This bend felt so GOOD!

Once I got the feel of "push/pull" Paul was trying to convey, the nail seemed to

melt in my hands. Really motivating for me to continue on bending in a realistic

and planned manner to prevent potential injuries.

I'll be "50" this year and I can tell that any type of strength training at my age

has to be thought out and planned due to longer recovery times, chemical/hormonal changes,

etc. Biggest obstacle is realizing one can't do what they used to be able to do when they was 25 years younger.

LOL!!!

Galvanized is nice. When you see those little flakes fall off you can proudly say "I killed you, you bastard!"

Edited by mmainlands