Strict Plate Curls With 45 Lbs Full Sized Plates

AdamTGlass

Thanks for the tip! Do you by any chance do plate Wrist curls of any kind? Just curious.

yes, extended ROM and table versions of both.

Do you care to tell what weights you're using in these or should I ask via PM instead? I'm curious as to the correlation between the two. I got to thinking that if one does the plate wrist curls perhaps one could get all the benefits of the plate curls and even more? What do you think?

triples to 5's with a long 35 on the table top or singles with the 20kg stubby. For extended range 5-7's with my stubby 15kg or triples with a 35.

That is seriously strong, thanks for the info!

Well like I said, I certainly agree with jad, it's the absolute BEST video of a 45# plate curl that I have ever seen, and apparently that everyone else has seen too!

Having expressed all the admiration in the world towards this feat.... can I just add I am in slight disagreement in calling this "strict"? This might be the best ever done on video but I think it's not a strict plate curl yet. I see the elbow dropping downwards/forward to finish the movement in almost every rep. Besides that, why the bent torso possition? It's only 45# so the elbow flexors shouldn't be the limiting factor. I can only assume this bent possition makes it easier to get more acceleration on the start, so he can get the plate past parallel very quickly. And a little elbow dropping/moving-forward helps with that too. I guess what I'm trying to say is the bent over possition makes it easier to curl it quickly enough to almost not have it stressing at the hardest point of the lift, which one would argue should be around parallel.

Since Jedd asked this I hope there is no problem in asking this too: how close are you to this while standing straight? And I'll add: without letting your elbow drift forward/downward too much? That would be my idea of a "strict" plate curl but perhaps it's like the CCS of a #4.... something nearly unttainable?

Please Adam if you read this let me be clear once again: it's the best video of a 45# plate curl so far, your strength is World Class for sure and I absolutely love it. But having said all of the above, if this is the best ever then I would say to myself noone has STRICTLY plate curled a 45# yet. But your effort is the best and has my (and many others'!!) respect for sure!! I hope I'm not out of line for expressing my opinion on such a remarkable feat of strength.

Holy shit. Go lift something.

• Like 2

That being said, I don't see anybody duplicating his vid anytime soon.

Well, buckle-up schweet-haart!

Well Arturo is actually right, so why don't you go and lift something.

Well like I said, I certainly agree with jad, it's the absolute BEST video of a 45# plate curl that I have ever seen, and apparently that everyone else has seen too!

Having expressed all the admiration in the world towards this feat.... can I just add I am in slight disagreement in calling this "strict"? This might be the best ever done on video but I think it's not a strict plate curl yet. I see the elbow dropping downwards/forward to finish the movement in almost every rep. Besides that, why the bent torso possition? It's only 45# so the elbow flexors shouldn't be the limiting factor. I can only assume this bent possition makes it easier to get more acceleration on the start, so he can get the plate past parallel very quickly. And a little elbow dropping/moving-forward helps with that too. I guess what I'm trying to say is the bent over possition makes it easier to curl it quickly enough to almost not have it stressing at the hardest point of the lift, which one would argue should be around parallel.

Since Jedd asked this I hope there is no problem in asking this too: how close are you to this while standing straight? And I'll add: without letting your elbow drift forward/downward too much? That would be my idea of a "strict" plate curl but perhaps it's like the CCS of a #4.... something nearly unttainable?

Please Adam if you read this let me be clear once again: it's the best video of a 45# plate curl so far, your strength is World Class for sure and I absolutely love it. But having said all of the above, if this is the best ever then I would say to myself noone has STRICTLY plate curled a 45# yet. But your effort is the best and has my (and many others'!!) respect for sure!! I hope I'm not out of line for expressing my opinion on such a remarkable feat of strength.

Holy shit. Go lift something.

Very strong Adam!

Did some minor research on this feat and couldn't find much on Clevio Massimo

feats who was actually a professional musician and was well know for his hand to hand balancing

feats. I'm well aware of this claimed feat of Massimo's in Brookfield's first book (1995, pg. 82) but John doesn't give a reference that I can research.

I searched through Willoughby's "Super Athlete's", Calvert's "Super Strength", and Webster/Gentle's

"Developing Grip Strength" and couldn't find reference for this particular feat. I have not had a chance to

go through any of my old magazines yet but I'll bet there's some articles or references for sure.

Haven't heard back from Reuben yet either. He also is a busy man so I don't pressure him for research information

as he always get's back to me in short order anyway.

• 1 month later...

new stuff

Man Adam you have some serious strength!

Wow...maybe your new nickname should be "Mr. Grip Extreme". :)

new stuff

Wow! That really blow my mind.

Sir, You're strenght is really something else.

new stuff

Nice feat there Adam, now that's something you don't see everyday :laugh