The Most Impressive Feat Of Grip Strength To Date?

Bojast

Massive pull on the Rolling Thunder Laine! You've always been a gentleman on the forums and I appreciate that. Coupled with your strength it makes you very memorable - in the best way.

For those who do not know who Laine Snook:

1. The world record on Rolling Thunder

2. both the dumbbell double deadlift Millennium, one weight of 228 pounds, the length of the handle 5 inches the other 234 pounds, the length of the handle 6 inches

3. Lift 7 reps Millenium dumbbell with one hand

4. Lift 30 k blob legacy

5. Snatch 30 k blob legacy

6. Double lift 30 to the legacy of blobs

In addition to the first paragraph, do not beaten out his achievements so far.

• Like 1

Wasn't Laine also very good with the Vulcan Gripper?

I've heard Laine's hand is gigantic and with such incredible thickbar strength, perhaps he has the right "hand anatomy" for a #4 CCS if he trained specifically for it? I mean, when you can lift 332 in a brand new RT, I can't imagine the "sweep" portion of a gripper close being as much of a problem as those struggling to get 200# in the RT!

Is the Inch Snatch the feat he's working on? That would be tremendous!!!

Either way you gotta love the modesty! What's all this "I'm far from strong" thing? You made the Inver Stone look like a medicine ball. You're a MONSTER!

Sorry bro, I was referring to legendofjd. When I replied you slipped a reply while I typed. My bad. Not your fault. A stale arguement was brought into the wrong thread and I knew it would do more harm than anything. I wish legendofjd would pop in to apologize to Laine and the other posters.

My statement really had NOTHING to do with Laine and his well known feats. It was to address the negativity here on the forums. Love him or hate him, SBG never made any claims of being the best nor did he post anything negative. His one and only goal was to cert on the #4 at the Arnold. Not a MM1, #3, etc...

He made a post to let everyone know he was injured. Instead of offering up sympathy a lot of you guys started questioning EVERYTHING. I guess it's very easy to point out the negative, and it's even easier to jump on the bandwagon.

I might add, even well known athletes post up fake video's. How about the 600 pound bench press video by Hamon?

While I doubt Laine's feats were anything less then what he said, do any of you know for a fact that it was actually 335 on that RT? Did you guys see a different video where he counted out the plates? I don't know for sure if it was 255, 280 or whatever.

At the very least, someone claiming to do something 10% better then anyone else has ever done could at least give us a quick plate count.

In keeping spirit of everything said in "another" thread.

Cheers :)

I think it's a misconception that critique is inherently negative. To receive feedback by way of critique is maybe one of the most valuable training tools. Not to be confused with criticism although that can be even more useful. You'll notice that Silverback has not taken any offense. He does not seem to by crying foul that he was unfairly critiqued.

• Like 1

Wasn't Laine also very good with the Vulcan Gripper?

I've heard Laine's hand is gigantic and with such incredible thickbar strength, perhaps he has the right "hand anatomy" for a #4 CCS if he trained specifically for it? I mean, when you can lift 332 in a brand new RT, I can't imagine the "sweep" portion of a gripper close being as much of a problem as those struggling to get 200# in the RT!

Is the Inch Snatch the feat he's working on? That would be tremendous!!!

Either way you gotta love the modesty! What's all this "I'm far from strong" thing? You made the Inver Stone look like a medicine ball. You're a MONSTER!

I recall reading a post by Laine on the Ironmind Forum where he mentioned he can close Level 22 I believe on the vulcan (left hand). I think he said he can close the #3.5 with his right hand (even though that hand is much weaker) but stuggles a bit with torsion spring grippers on his left hand due to the spring coil difference on the left hand. Hope that makes sense and that I stated everything correctly.

Laine, your strength is amazing, and I hope you continue to share your progress by way of video. It's very generous of you, and as mentioned previously, contains an entirely different context than the other issue. Needless to say, It's unfortunate that the other spilled over into this thread. Thanks again for sharing your amazing, world class strength with us, and for the humbly delivered wisdom you provided in your replies.

• Like 1

Laine, your strength is amazing, and I hope you continue to share your progress by way of video. It's very generous of you, and as mentioned previously, contains an entirely different context than the other issue. Needless to say, It's unfortunate that the other spilled over into this thread. Thanks again for sharing your amazing, world class strength with us, and for the humbly delivered wisdom you provided in your replies.

Couldn't have said it any better!

I AGREE!!!

Sorry bro, I was referring to legendofjd. When I replied you slipped a reply while I typed. My bad. Not your fault. A stale arguement was brought into the wrong thread and I knew it would do more harm than anything. I wish legendofjd would pop in to apologize to Laine and the other posters.

My statement really had NOTHING to do with Laine and his well known feats. It was to address the negativity here on the forums. Love him or hate him, SBG never made any claims of being the best nor did he post anything negative. His one and only goal was to cert on the #4 at the Arnold. Not a MM1, #3, etc...

He made a post to let everyone know he was injured. Instead of offering up sympathy a lot of you guys started questioning EVERYTHING. I guess it's very easy to point out the negative, and it's even easier to jump on the bandwagon.

I might add, even well known athletes post up fake video's. How about the 600 pound bench press video by Hamon?

While I doubt Laine's feats were anything less then what he said, do any of you know for a fact that it was actually 335 on that RT? Did you guys see a different video where he counted out the plates? I don't know for sure if it was 255, 280 or whatever.

At the very least, someone claiming to do something 10% better then anyone else has ever done could at least give us a quick plate count.

In keeping spirit of everything said in "another" thread.

Cheers :)

The video of the 332 lb RT lift clearly shows the plates being used. They can easily be counted.

So why is this post called, "The Most Impressive Feat Of Grip Strength To Date?", and instead should be called, "Laine Snook's Most Impressive Grip Feats".

I've seen and heard about a lot of "impressive" grip feats, including watching Mark Henry's lift of the Inch DB at the 2002 AOBS. I think this whole topic is a bit unnecessary, since a lot of grip feats are "impressive" and aren't even talked about. According to Dale Harder, he believes that Mac Batchelor's pinch lift of 162 pounds is the "greatest grip feat" of all-time; it sounds good to me... then again, there are so many out there - well, go ahead and take your pick. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other. :tongue

So why is this post called, "The Most Impressive Feat Of Grip Strength To Date?", and instead should be called, "Laine Snook's Most Impressive Grip Feats".

I've seen and heard about a lot of "impressive" grip feats, including watching Mark Henry's lift of the Inch DB at the 2002 AOBS. I think this whole topic is a bit unnecessary, since a lot of grip feats are "impressive" and aren't even talked about. According to Dale Harder, he believes that Mac Batchelor's pinch lift of 162 pounds is the "greatest grip feat" of all-time; it sounds good to me... then again, there are so many out there - well, go ahead and take your pick. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other. :tongue

It is called the most impressive grip feat to date, because 332 pounds on the RT imo may be the greatest- better than others talked about and not talked about alike. And the point of the thread was focused on that one lift- not any others. If you can find something better than the RT pull please share! (and no, I dont consider Henry's inch clean and press as good since a few others have done it as well)

Edited by Bojast

Hi,

I would agree.

The most impressive feat of grip strength I have ever witnessed was this;

After battling for some time to undo the lid on a bottle of brown sauce - without success - my wife came along and just opened it!

Ever since that day, I have never found the need to question anything my wife says or does, even when she tells me what I am going to be going on my weekend off work.

Good luck,

Laine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi,

I would agree.

The most impressive feat of grip strength I have ever witnessed was this;

After battling for some time to undo the lid on a bottle of brown sauce - without success - my wife came along and just opened it!

Ever since that day, I have never found the need to question anything my wife says or does, even when she tells me what I am going to be going on my weekend off work.

Good luck,

Laine

LOL!

So why is this post called, "The Most Impressive Feat Of Grip Strength To Date?", and instead should be called, "Laine Snook's Most Impressive Grip Feats". I've seen and heard about a lot of "impressive" grip feats, including watching Mark Henry's lift of the Inch DB at the 2002 AOBS. I think this whole topic is a bit unnecessary, since a lot of grip feats are "impressive" and aren't even talked about. According to Dale Harder, he believes that Mac Batchelor's pinch lift of 162 pounds is the "greatest grip feat" of all-time; it sounds good to me... then again, there are so many out there - well, go ahead and take your pick. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other. :tongue
Hi, I would agree. The most impressive feat of grip strength I have ever witnessed was this; After battling for some time to undo the lid on a bottle of brown sauce - without success - my wife came along and just opened it! Ever since that day, I have never found the need to question anything my wife says or does, even when she tells me what I am going to be going on my weekend off work. Good luck, Laine
LOL!

I love that trick. Come up after somebody has been struggling with a lid and then pop it off like nothing happened. I really think there is something about the heat generated that expands the lid ever so slightly that the next person that comes along, with a fresh grip, can get it.

My wife just whacks the lid a few times with the back of a knife, which takes all the fun out of it.

Do you have mor einfo on this pinching feat?

• 2 weeks later...

It would have to be Joe Kinneys's close of the COC #4. The way he did that NS close and then it got easier at the end. Then he grinded the handles together. Not even Magnus Samuelson could do that.