Recovery Methods Or Supplements To Help With Tendons?

yummy

This thread continues to be interesting. I am reminded of an old friend of mines dad who clamed to never catch a cold. His magic (or whatever) was to splash cold water on himself every morning. Who knows.

I haven't been sick in almost two years (which was due to water being trapped in my inner ear and possibly exacerbated by mild overtraining) and the instance prior to that I was 16. I'll be turning 26 and I can't speak highly enough of cold showers.

Edited by hellswindstaff

This thread continues to be interesting. I am reminded of an old friend of mines dad who clamed to never catch a cold. His magic (or whatever) was to splash cold water on himself every morning. Who knows.

Rich, have you ever seen "My big fat Greek wedding." The father in that movie believes Windex can cure any aliment. I also found that movie funny because Italians and Greeks are similar is a lot of ways.

• Like 1

Rich, have you ever seen "My big fat Greek wedding." The father in that movie believes Windex can cure any aliment. I also found that movie funny because Italians and Greeks are similar is a lot of ways.

Yes I like that movie.

The man I was talking about with the cold water was from Holland and was nearly imposable to understand.

Any how Is Windex the reason you have such a strong grip? :grin:

Yes I like that movie.

The man I was talking about with the cold water was from Holland and was nearly imposable to understand.

Any how Is Windex the reason you have such a strong grip? :grin:

haha, you figured out my secret.

I haven't been sick in almost two years (which was due to water being trapped in my inner ear and possibly exacerbated by mild overtraining) and the instance prior to that I was 16. I'll be turning 26 and I can't speak highly enough of cold showers.

HUH?? Too much going on in the first sentence.

Sorry Rich. We'll consider that first one the rough draft ;)

Revised:

I haven't been sick in almost 10 years(not even a cold), aside from one time which involved water being trapped in my inner ear causing an ear infection two years ago. I can't speak highly enough of cold showers and healthy living.

• Like 1

I know this is an old thread but... if you massage perpendicular to the tendons, then it more directly targets the tendons and increases bloodflow moreso than parallel to the tendons... Personally though I like cold baths/ showers. Here is why:

"When the body is given brief (one to two minute) exposures to cold water, the blood vessels near the skin contract to send blood towards the core of the body to conserve body heat as a survival mechanism. In many people, the capillaries deep inside the body are not functioning well because of poor circulation and an unhealthy lifestyle. This exposure to cold has the effect of causing regeneratio...n of these capillaries. This greater capillary circulation increases health by improving blood supply to internal organs. Tempering the body with cold water therapy increases the rate of metabolism. It helps to purge free radicals, heavy metals and a variety of toxins. It also dramatically strengthens immunity. "

i have been doing these for a while now. not sure what the effect has been quite honestly. i have been able to stay healthy, strong, and lean but am not sure if the cold exposure has had anything to do with it. i can't rule it out though. i did a blog post on this. http://escapetheherd...nt-kill-me.html

Was that a polar bear club? Those rule... though I live too far down south to participate more than once a year :/. Last year during a snow storm my friend and I went outside and played in the snow. Only I wasn't wearing shoes or a coat... pretty much ruled.

Also, in regards to the immune response. My girlfriend is an asthmatic, pretty bad during the spring due to the heavy pollen, but during the winter it 'mysteriously' vanishes because she takes cold showers and tempers.

yes, that was a polar plunge. i did it again this year but there was no ice. water seemed just as cold though. it is a great experience that quite frankly isn't as difficult as many think.

i used to have asthma and seasonal allergies. i cleaned up my diet and those things mysteriously disappeared. rather than consuming pills, i consume food that feeds my brain and muscles while mostly avoiding all else.

massage and contrast baths worked great for me. :bow

Speaking of massages, I could sure go for a massage right now...

I know this is an old thread but... if you massage perpendicular to the tendons, then it more directly targets the tendons and increases bloodflow moreso than parallel to the tendons... Personally though I like cold baths/ showers. Here is why:

"When the body is given brief (one to two minute) exposures to cold water, the blood vessels near the skin contract to send blood towards the core of the body to conserve body heat as a survival mechanism. In many people, the capillaries deep inside the body are not functioning well because of poor circulation and an unhealthy lifestyle. This exposure to cold has the effect of causing regeneratio...n of these capillaries. This greater capillary circulation increases health by improving blood supply to internal organs. Tempering the body with cold water therapy increases the rate of metabolism. It helps to purge free radicals, heavy metals and a variety of toxins. It also dramatically strengthens immunity. "

i have been doing these for a while now. not sure what the effect has been quite honestly. i have been able to stay healthy, strong, and lean but am not sure if the cold exposure has had anything to do with it. i can't rule it out though. i did a blog post on this. http://escapetheherd...nt-kill-me.html

Was that a polar bear club? Those rule... though I live too far down south to participate more than once a year :/. Last year during a snow storm my friend and I went outside and played in the snow. Only I wasn't wearing shoes or a coat... pretty much ruled.

Also, in regards to the immune response. My girlfriend is an asthmatic, pretty bad during the spring due to the heavy pollen, but during the winter it 'mysteriously' vanishes because she takes cold showers and tempers.

yes, that was a polar plunge. i did it again this year but there was no ice. water seemed just as cold though. it is a great experience that quite frankly isn't as difficult as many think.

i used to have asthma and seasonal allergies. i cleaned up my diet and those things mysteriously disappeared. rather than consuming pills, i consume food that feeds my brain and muscles while mostly avoiding all else.

I have no idea where you live... but judging by the name bubba that you live in my region of the US... the south.

Do you know what you did for seasonal allergies? I'd love to be able for my girlfriend to clear hers up.

^ LMAO

I just read an article on post workout recovery and ice baths were one, but they said it takes like 10 minutes of being submerged to trigger a proper bodily response. I forget the details.

Depends... clearly someone from the Guyanese jungles would go into survival mode before someone from siberia.

I have no idea where you live... but judging by the name bubba that you live in my region of the US... the south.

Do you know what you did for seasonal allergies? I'd love to be able for my girlfriend to clear hers up.

^ LMAO

I just read an article on post workout recovery and ice baths were one, but they said it takes like 10 minutes of being submerged to trigger a proper bodily response. I forget the details.

Depends... clearly someone from the Guyanese jungles would go into survival mode before someone from siberia.

i adopted the paleo diet. no more inhaler, no more claritin. here are some testimonies:

The most pleasant surprise of all came after only 6 weeks of eating paleo, my severe seasonal allergies disappeared!

http://deliciousprim...king.com/about/

No more itchy eyes, no more nose running like a faucet, and no more daily nose spray with zyrtec which I took the last 4 years

http://escapetheherd...version-30.html

My seasonal allergy symptoms are much improved....

http://sveltegourman...paleo-pregnancy

It looks like removing grains and dairy definitely helped my children with their allergy symptoms. No more constipation. No more eczema rashes. Very minimal sneezing and puffy eyes. No more runny noses. I am pleased.

http://www.thecrunch...onal-allergies/

most paleo experts say try it for 30 days and see what happens.

Edited by bubba29

We are both vegan and eat a fare amount of grain and unprocessed foods. Generally that grain being Rice, which has no allergens.

However, we also eat wheat... which I just looked up and is indirectly related to asthma somehow?!?!?!

• Like 1

We are both vegan and eat a fare amount of grain and unprocessed foods. Generally that grain being Rice, which has no allergens.

However, we also eat wheat... which I just looked up and is indirectly related to asthma somehow?!?!?!

the gluten in wheat causes problems for many people....more than most realize. it is often undiagnosed. diet is very individual and needs can change with time. find what works for you and stick with it till it doesn't work for you.

1) Glucosamine - 1.5 grams per day

2) Chondroitin - 1.2 grams per day

3) MSM (METILSULFANILMETAN, sulfur compounds) - up to 5 grams per day

4) Omega - 3 - SOURCES: fish oil, hemp oil, linseed oil. IN DECREASING ORDER OF PRIORITY.

5) hyaluronic acid - 140 mg per day.

6) Betaine (Trimethylglycine) - 0.5 grams per day.

7) SAME (S-Adenosyl-L-methionine and 5-adenosylmethionine; S-ADENOSYL-L-METHIONINE-TOSYLATE-DISULFATE) -1,2 g per day

8) Vitamin D, C, E, B5, B6 and B12 - by themselves are useless in this case, BUT MUCH OF DEFICIT Reduce the effect of other Chondroprotectors.

9) Shark cartilage - in last place, BUT, due to the fact that I personally have not tried, AS WELL claims 3-4.

10) Calcium - a 1 grams per day.

11) CISSUS 20% 3-KETOSTERONE -1 grams per day

SUPPLEMENTS 5,6,7 and 8 have not personally tried, those who tried that are used in COMPONENT PREPARATION AND WHERE TO ANOTHER missing.

And of course DIFFERENT FORMS OF COLLAGEN, GELATIN, jelly, ETC.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

Revised:

I haven't been sick in almost 10 years(not even a cold), aside from one time which involved water being trapped in my inner ear causing an ear infection two years ago. I can't speak highly enough of cold showers and healthy living.

Ok I get what you mean now. I kind of like the 1st draft because it makes no sence at all. Craks me up.

Revised:

Ok I get what you mean now. I kind of like the 1st draft because it makes no sence at all. Craks me up.

My english syntax has gone out the window lately :P