Bending In One Ironmind Pad Vs Two

yummy

Curious if there is a big difference in difficulty using just one pad to wrap the nail vs two with rubber bands ext. I saw video of paul knight doing a red in one pad which has motivated me to eventually replicate that feat. I have been doing mostly yellows in one pad but my hands have been taking a big beating from it since its quite a bit more painful. Curious if this is a good way to train to get up to that level since have to get used to the pain if I want to do a red in same manner or regular way of training with two pads simply smarter?

Bending any stock in 1 IMP vs a pair is much much harder.

has anyone else been able to bend a red in one iromind pad other then paul knight?

has anyone else been able to bend a red in one iromind pad other then paul knight?

Carl has, I imagine the David's could as well. Oh ans Hannes.

Edited by Shoggoth

i got a wobble in one my first try in one pad.. but havent tried since. had whitnesses.

That is awesome man! I saw you bent a red imps on your first try as well so you will probably get it in one IMP soon.

I remember once watching a video of Gazza bending a shiny barehanded. It's up to anyone whether he believes it or not.

I remember once watching a video of Gazza bending a shiny barehanded. It's up to anyone whether he believes it or not.

omg this sounds impossible to me is there any video of this still available? Yeah I have found bending more then any other grip event to be very mental. You have to get over the pain and just stick with your technique and realize you can bend the steel.

omg this sounds impossible to me is there any video of this still available? Yeah I have found bending more then any other grip event to be very mental. You have to get over the pain and just stick with your technique and realize you can bend the steel.

Almost every bend performed by the ablove listed gentleman was thought to be impossible but he has done a barehand shiny bend on several occasions in many different styles.

As far as bending a Red in a single IM pad only a few that I know of have done it from straight to under 2" and a couple more have wobbled one in reverse but not bale to finish it. It is a very impressive feat of strength and way beyond being able to bend one in a traditional manor with both wraps on each end. It not only tests your ability to tolerate a lot of pain but it also requires a lot more wirst torque to move the bar.

If this is something you want to pursue try to wrap a bar with the IM pads touching in the middle first and move your hands closer in while benidng. This will help you develop the strength and feel for this type of bend. When a particular bar gets too easy in this manor then bend it with a single pad and then move up in steel and do it all over again until you reach a Red. Good luck to you because that is not an easy thing to be able to accomplish. The wrap actually constricts and tightens around the bar and the bend gets extremely more difficult the further the bar gets crushed down.

• Like 1

If this is something you want to pursue try to wrap a bar with the IM pads touching in the middle first and move your hands closer in while benidng. This will help you develop the strength and feel for this type of bend. When a particular bar gets too easy in this manor then bend it with a single pad and then move up in steel and do it all over again until you reach a Red. Good luck to you because that is not an easy thing to be able to accomplish. The wrap actually constricts and tightens around the bar and the bend gets extremely more difficult the further the bar gets crushed down.

thanks a lot this is the advice I was looking for

• 2 months later...

There are a few bends in one IMP :

(6" Red Do)

(7" Red reverse)