Gold Nail Bend (justin Straussner)

Six Barrel Shotgun

Not sure if its been posted but this guy is a monster. I watch his vids all the time on youtube. His bends are usually effortless. This is one of the few I have seen where he actually has to try. I don't know much about bending but I wouldn't be surprised if hes the first to cert on the gold nail.

I agree with you Chez.

Nothin' But a Peanut. Light Weight.

Is what he seem to think.

:tongue

JT has performed some incredible bends as of late and this is just one of them-check out some more on benders battlefield!

what an awesome bend! awesome technique too. Definitely first cert on gold nail.

Probably has the best technique that I've seen. Seems like he uses raw power to bend stocks of steel.

Would be cheering him on to see a #1 cert on the Gold.

This guy is unreasonably strong.

When I cert on the red nail... I'm not calling iron mind. I'm calling that guy because his wrists are the new authority in bending.

Edited by hellswindstaff
  • Like 1

Very nice. Way to go JT!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. I wasn't a member of the Grip Board when this was posted, so thanks to whoever posted it.

Thanks guys. I wasn't a member of the Grip Board when this was posted, so thanks to whoever posted it.

Thank you.

You're chasing to cert on it?

Thank you.

You're chasing to cert on it?

We will see. I have some other goals I would like to obtain, plus my double overhand style puts tremendous force in my fingers, so it slows my training progress.

Hsve you tried a big G8? I assume the g8 is harder yeah? But needless to say you have some serious power there!

And yeah since you csn back flip i got this idea,p. Why dont you try wnd bend a 60d while doing a backflip? When you land you've bend it? I also remember reading it somewhere in Brookfields book

Hsve you tried a big G8? I assume the g8 is harder yeah? But needless to say you have some serious power there!

Yes I have bent the Big G8. Its hard to compare the two since the dynamics are different, the Gold Nail is 8-3/8" x 3/8" Crs wheras the G8 is 7"x 5/16" treated steel. The crush is definitely harder on the G8.

Yes I have bent the Big G8. Its hard to compare the two since the dynamics are different, the Gold Nail is 8-3/8" x 3/8" Crs wheras the G8 is 7"x 5/16" treated steel. The crush is definitely harder on the G8.

Really? Back in Dec-Jan when I was in a DO peak I crushed two different 7"x5/16 G8 but could not budge a Gold in the crushdown position. Maybe I have weak G8's? But personally I felt that the relation from the big G8 to the Gold was similar to the relation from a 1/4 G8 to a red nail.

Really? Back in Dec-Jan when I was in a DO peak I crushed two different 7"x5/16 G8 but could not budge a Gold in the crushdown position. Maybe I have weak G8's? But personally I felt that the relation from the big G8 to the Gold was similar to the relation from a 1/4 G8 to a red nail.

Now that you say that, I guess I forgot that I crushed the Gold in leathers and the G8 I used my crush pad on the one leg, so I suppoose I have no way to make an accurate comparison. Good call Wig.

JT is a real badass bender for sure!!

• Like 1

Thats my best attempt on golg nail, i have always to preekink that bar 8" is just to long for me !

Strong!

Thats my best attempt on golg nail, i have always to preekink that bar 8" is just to long for me !

Great bend in IMPs Hannes.

Don't think this been posted here?

Crap I've heard of the Gold Nail, nice bend here :rock

paul knight tried the gold last year and was able to do it with double wraps also but the imps was bit too hard as well. I think the length is one of the biggest issues with his thing right now also in the double overhand technique most use its hard to get good leverage on this length of a bar that is this strong. Yet this attempt by justin was the best attempt I've seen on the gold since paul tried it. amazing bend.

Edited by yummy