• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGuy

• Patrik_F

• gazza

• Bill Piche

Ok, someone else take a picture of their world class next to a #4 and email it to me. ;)

When I certified, I was beginning to think it was no big deal but Patrick Lemieux, the guy who got certified with me, told me that Hugo Girard failed to close the #3 on a few occasions. Hugo has one of the strongest grip in the world but can't do this little thing that I can do, close the #3.

Even if many people do it, it is still a remarkable feat of strength and for most people, a reward for months and years of hard training.

In powerlifting, many people are benching over 500. I'll be happy as hell when I'll do it. To Anthony Clark and George Halbert, it is a piece of cake but for many of us, it's the accomplishment of a lifetime.

I give full consideration to anyone who can close a #3.

If that one is not then which one is ;)

Matt

Why would anyone make a gripper even harder than the Beefbuilder world class? Very, very few are even near to closing the #4. You might as well squeeze on a brick. What is needed is an adjustable spring tension gripper that feels exactly like the Ironmind gripper in the hand which the S G does not.

The new WT by Robert Baraban :D

What's the purpose of a gripper no one can deflect?

I guess a paperweight?

Yes tell us more and do you have a pic of that

compared to the WC and COC #4, it would be

nice to see a comparrison of springs and handles

and yes you are right Oldguy a brick would be easier :happy

I would just like to have all the grippers, so for one

day or just as novelty items :ohmy

Matt

UUuuummmnnn Paperweights.

I have an inch and a blob and this year will order an MDB,my paperweights are getting bigger heavier more expensive yummy :D

Some people might class the #4and World Class as paperweights ;)

WT = Rather tasty Paperweight. :D

The WT gripper was made just for promotion for Gary Hunt.

Robert Baraban does not sell them. He rated it at TWICE as strong as a #4!!! :bow

OldGuy, how hard is your rebar gripper to close?

Patrik, God forbid..But what if you got hurt or something. Why not get certified now for prosperity. You will be in awesome company. Then when you close the #4 you will be in a smaller group of champions! :)

The WT gripper was made just for promotion for Gary Hunt.

Robert Baraban does not sell them. He rated it at TWICE as strong as a #4!!! :bow

OldGuy, how hard is your rebar gripper to close?

It does have some give - mind u only for the first 1/4 inch :(

babygrip

Robert baraban will make and sell them if there is enough interest :D

In the meantime ya will have to make do with the 5 strengths made so far,160IP,210IP,240IP,260IP,and 300IP.

The 160IP is between the #1 and #2.

The 210,240 and 260IP are between the #2 and #3.

The 300IP is harder than an average #3 about an Elite or slightly more,as we all no there are no gaurantees to the exact toughness of the grippers,to many variables.

But it does give us grip people a few more choices as well as the Ironmind and Weight lifters Warehouse and Warren Tetting grippers.

The 240,260 and 300IP grippers also come with an N on the handle

meaning narrow,they are 5-6 mms narrower between the handles for the smaller handed people and those having problems with there set,some may say easier but there is no squish,sponginess on these grippers at the beginning of the close like on some of the wider ones,they are hard from the start.

On a side note the 300N IP gripper was not closed by David Horne or Jim Wylie on there 1st couple of attemps,shows how hard this gripper is,they both got it later.However David is,was not at his best and Jim was a little tired also,but just shows that these grippers will give you a run for your money.

Quility wise,lets just say Randall Strossen was veryt impressed.

How many other people have had there gear checked over by the man himself. :cool

There will be lots of flavours :blush materials to choose from,going from the standard aliminium handles with steel spring which is your bog standard gripper to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aluminium handle/chronium plated black or silver spring.

Steel handle and spring chronium plated black or siver like the original Ironmind cocs,nice and heavy.

Aluminium handles/steel spring completely chronium plated,black or silver,as above but lighter.

Solid Brass handles with black or silver chronium plated spring again nice and heavy.

Full chronium steel (not plated) handles and spring,black or silver,these are the dogs danglees and very heavy like the 1st Gazza gripper.

I think enough to keep most people happy for now,i think that

Robert Baraban should be applauded for havin the B....s to go for and put his ideas into practise,he also nos a little about training being a captain of crush and getting his #4 down to 6mms,so he doesn,t just talk the talk,he also walks the walk.

Your feedback would be greatefully received.

Gary(GAZZA)Hunt.

Steve

Easy for you on the nite baby,i dont think ya woulda been far away from the #4.

I think the Super Elite ,#4 ,World Class and WT are the only grippers that will give you a run for ya money :bow

The 300Ip RB gripper that you mashed would still give a lot of people a run for there money and is harder than most #3,s :D

Steve ya just a Beast :D

By the way, how are your WC grippers? Mine is pretty poorly built with rust on it from the start and a handle width of 8 cm. I cant do much with it.

By the way, how are your WC grippers? Mine is pretty poorly built with rust on it from the start and a handle width of 8 cm. I cant do much with it.

I'll take it. :D

:stuart

Hehe, nah I ll keep it. I think I am becoming a sort of gripper collector, I just wanted to describe my WC gripper. I dont believe that there are many WC grippers made, maybe they will run out soon, best buy one while they are still available.

Patrick

The WT is built like a tank the handles are made of full chronium steel,not plated. :D

You can email robert on nightflight@uboot.com or me on

hgnasher@aol.com about prices and materials etc.