Beef Builder World Class

tmmicklabs

I wanted to get on the list to accomplish a personal goal. So far, it is one of the only thing I have in common with a World's Strongest man champion and a 1000 squatter. I get a kick out of seeing my name next to theirs. If you do not want to certify, that is your choice, but one you may regret one day, as heaven forbid you may not be able to close a #3 anymore due to health reasons. Then you'll be just like a many people with "usta syndrome." I usta be able to do this, and I usta be able to do that. Again, it is your choice. I, and a few others on the Board choose to document what we accomplish, no matter how it compares to others, because when someone asks for proof, the answer is there, and above all, it is for our own enjoyment. No specific slight to you Patrick, but most guys who say they don't care about being on the CoC list because it is too long can just not deliver the goods when asked.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGuy

• Patrik_F

• gazza

• Bill Piche

I'd certify if I could close a #3. If anything, it's a chance to go hang out with other people interested in grip strength and show them how strong you are. Couple that with the picture in Milo that makes you a part of iron history, it sounds pretty cool to me.

ditto jeff. who cares how long the list is? it's still a pretty small percentage of people in the world, even those who lift. one day i'll be proud to see my name beside some of the strongest to ever live and know that in at least this way i am their equal.

I was asked why I havent certified, I answered. Thats all. In no way did I intend to diminish anyones accomplishment.

The example with Magnus Samuelsson was part of how I feel about the list, you have your opinion about the list. Some think as I do and others think like you. I still dont call your way of thinking stupid, and you should respect how I feel too. Its not like I refuse to ever get certified like I said before, the time has just not been right.

3Crusher: The fact that the #3 list is long isnt my only reason why I havent certified. And I am not afraid of not being able to close the #3 in the future.

I also could get certified when I choose to. I can close any #3 anytime I want to but I am going to do it on the #4 which I am real close to getting. I don't think there are to many people on the #3 list at all it is just my choice as it is his.

I think that a lot of you guys are missing the entire point

it does not matter how many people are on that list of

#3 closers if you are doing it "just" to be on a list you are

probably doing it for all the wrong reasons, do it for

yourself, make it the first on "YOUR" list then you can

always be #1 to yourself :blink:D

Matt

P.S. Not that being on a list is bad, and I myself would love to be

there, and in time I will:)

Now my two cents. I wanted to be on the list. Being certified means nobody... AND I MEAN NOBODY can doubt my accomplishments.

There is no one here that I live near that can close the #3, the only exception being Roger Steffens and I have never met him.

I met 3Crusher at the AOBS and he told me that I could become a COC. That really motivated me more than anything else (that and talking to Joe Kinney).

And anyone who talks about "closing the #4" before closing the #3 first makes me suspect - who is fooling who? How many years have we been here on this forum and heard about someone touting to be "the next person to close the #4"... then we never hear from this person again! :blink I know it will be closed someday; the greatest have tried, but so far, it hasn't happened - and it's been over five years since Kinney did it.

I agree with terminator. You've got nothing to prove to us UNTIL you get certified - so get certified. Then you can talk.

I didnt come to this forum to "talk" or brag. I never will even if I can close the #5. Let me remind you though that a certification can easily be faked so if you only certify to avoid being questioned for your accomplishments then that isnt so good after all.

I am sorry if I have upset some people with my thoughts about the list and the #3. It wasnt my intention at all. This must mean that many people had to work harder for the #3 than I did obviously.

If you certify in front of a witness picked by Ironmind-it cannot be faked!

It is my understanding that those who are able to act as witnesses take it very seriously. A picture can be faked-closing a #3 that has been inspected or is provided by the witness cannot.

I got certified cause I could. Plain and simple. Not for the t-shirt, not for the certificate, not for the write up in Milo-just because I could and I had the chance to do it in front of Wade Gillingham.

If Wade pulled a #3 from his pack and handed it to you-would you say "no thanks?"

Rick Walker :rock

Fake the cert? HAH!

For example, mine was in front of Iowa Strength Coach Chris Doyle who also happens to compete in Pro Strongman. Along with several of his assistant coaches watching.

That's why IronMind doesn't just pick some dork in the WalMart Sporting Goods section to witness a close. ;)

Luckily for some, I am not a moderator otherwise they would get suspended for a week until they calmed down. Grip training is fun not a serious life and death activity.

Luckily for some, I am not a moderator otherwise they would get suspended for a week until they calmed down. Grip training is fun not a serious life and death activity.

Oldguy a moderator......now that is great :D I think that might be the seventh sign of the apocalypse.

That's why IronMind doesn't just pick some dork in the WalMart Sporting Goods section to witness a close.

Didn't Joe Kinney have his wife as his witness? And somebody else had their training partner? I think that the "quality" of the witness is subject to Randy's whim. Still, I am sure virtually all of the Coc's are legit.

I want to impress my dad and beat my brother at something. Everything else comes behind my personal vendetta. I will get certified when the time comes. Like others, it will be cool to be on a very short list (compared to the populace as a whole) with names reknown for world-class strength. Those on the list, especially members here, especially especially those who kept a training log, have greatly inspired me to do the same. It appears I, in turn, can inspire others. That is Way Cool!

When I achieve, through training, determination, and pain tolerance, the right to stand beside others who have also achieved, I will exercise that right. And as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier!

I got my World Class in the mail yesterday it is

a monster I can move it about 1 mm :blink

Matt

You can move your BBWC?! Wow! :bow:D

That's why IronMind doesn't just pick some dork in the WalMart Sporting Goods section to witness a close.

Didn't Joe Kinney have his wife as his witness? And somebody else had their training partner? I think that the "quality" of the witness is subject to Randy's whim. Still, I am sure virtually all of the Coc's are legit.

:D

I am sure personally that someone could make sure this was not the case should Randy's whim fail. :)

Wanna: there used to be a pic of the BBWC's spring in the gallery but i don't find it anymore. Do you still have it ?

Hmmm, it still should be there.