St. Croix Ul2

dadams

I bent4 of these on Sunday, they were pretty easy, i took a video of my second one I'll up load later, what I'd the next step up from here, thanks guys Davey

• Like 1

I bent4 of these on Sunday, they were pretty easy, i took a video of my second one I'll up load later, what I'd the next step up from here, thanks guys Davey

If the Ultralites are going down easy, the next step up would be the St. Croix Polo shoes.

Here's an article I did for Diesel Crew that contains a pretty good progression for beginners. Welcome to the madness!

http://www.dieselcrew.com/what-you-need-for-horseshoe-bending

Nice job. And you're bending them with brute force. With a little technique work you will be killing some big shoes! Try getting the leg you are crushing on out in front a little more and drive down with your whole body (almost like a lunge where you drive your torso into your hands and wrists). It will multiply the force you are imparting into the shoe with your arm strength. Great start to your shoe bending career!

thanks for the reply, are there any technique videos out there?

thanks for the reply, are there any technique videos out there?

Jedd and I put out a DVD earlier this year for Diesel Crew. http://www.thegripauthority.com/horseshoe-bending-dvd.htm

You can also try and pick up some pointers and tips on people's youtube pages. David Wigren and Eric Milfeld have flawless technique.

I received 3 pair of super hard ul2, what next size of polos should I try

Ok I got some technique down on the crush it's much easier, i hearted one side the other side didn't want to cooperate

Ok I got some technique down on the crush it's much easier, i hearted one side the other side didn't want to cooperate

Choke up on the side that bent and crush like crazy. The other side will eventually fold. :grin:

Here's a bend of a Lite Rim 2 that had one side get away from me on the heart. You can kinda see how to recover when that happens. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Psjyo9VojQ

• 3 weeks later...