Spacer Mtrl For The Euro Pinch

Mikael Siversson

...and, after 7 years, start all over again with new records lists and laugh at all those who payed hundreds of dollars getting THE standard...

I don't think so Chris. I have obviously discussed your rebellious activities with Arne and we have basically come to the conclusion that the only way of ensuring the preservation of the standard is by removing the ownership of the Europinch WRs in the HW and LW categories from the USA to Sweden, which is easier said than done. As long as I am not even on the LW lists and Martin is nowhere near the #1 in the HW class there is not much that stands between the Europinch standard and grip anarchy (David might have lost interest a bit once he lost the 2HP record if he is even remotely considering ditching the standard). However if Martin beats the HW record and I clean out the LW Europinch records in 2012 then it will be much harder to bring down the standard as it can be viewed as an attempt of avoiding competition.

Jedd and David have both agreed to at least seeing the idea before judgement - perhaps you all might do the same?

...and, after 7 years, start all over again with new records lists and laugh at all those who payed hundreds of dollars getting THE standard...

I don't think so Chris. I have obviously discussed your rebellious activities with Arne and we have basically come to the conclusion that the only way of ensuring the preservation of the standard is by removing the ownership of the Europinch WRs in the HW and LW categories from the USA to Sweden, which is easier said than done. As long as I am not even on the LW lists and Martin is nowhere near the #1 in the HW class there is not much that stands between the Europinch standard and grip anarchy (David might have lost interest a bit once he lost the 2HP record if he is even remotely considering ditching the standard). However if Martin beats the HW record and I clean out the LW Europinch records in 2012 then it will be much harder to bring down the standard as it can be viewed as an attempt of avoiding competition.

Jedd and David have both agreed to at least seeing the idea before judgement - perhaps you all might do the same?

You are a hoot Mikael. Nobody, and I mean nobody is more respected in the US grip world than Chris is (and he's about the nicest person I've ever met). For you to go off on him for trying to improve the sport is laughable. Everything can be improved. Will Chris' idea be better? We really won't know until we see it and try it. I for one, plan to wait until that time until I pass judgement. You certainly don't dissapoint. Every thread you have posted on in the last few months has proven that the reputation that preceeds you is very well deserved. I never fail to get a chuckle out of your attempts to puff yourself up. Your time might be better spent training pinch than attacking Chris. As it stands now, Daniel is just getting started in the sport and has quite a bit of upside. He'll be pinching over 230 by this time next year. So you will have your work cut out for you in trying to take the record away. But either way, you show your true colors in going after Climber.

P.S. I thank my lucky stars that you consulted on the internet standards with Al Gore when he was inventing it. Otherwise, where would I come to get a chuckle at your ranting and raving about being such a crucial participant in making these Galactic Grip Standards that are so perfect that nobody in the Universe should ever question them for fear that 7 years of history and the record, which you don't hold (and didn't even compete for in WSH this year) might be impacted? Which reminds me, the only attempt at avoiding competition I saw was you skipping all three legs of WSH this year.

:bow :bow :bow :bow I bow to your greatness.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

What is a 'hoot'? English is not my first language. Needless to say I reserve the right to disagree with Chris or anyone else on the GB. No one is sacred from my point of view.

Regarding the WR's in the 82.5k class, I will have to let my lifting do the talking I suppose. There are two records, the highly contested 2HP record and the 1HP record which has only been contested by Pete of the top guys in the LW class. Beating the 1HP record carries some credibility nonetheless as Pete is a strong guy and currently ranked #4 on the 2HP list. I will do my best to beat the 1HP record in January, just for you Mike.

You are a hoot Mikael. Nobody, and I mean nobody is more respected in the US grip world than Chris is (and he's about the nicest person I've ever met). For you to go off on him for trying to improve the sport is laughable. Everything can be improved. Will Chris' idea be better? We really won't know until we see it and try it. I for one, plan to wait until that time until I pass judgement. You certainly don't dissapoint. Every thread you have posted on in the last few months has proven that the reputation that preceeds you is very well deserved. I never fail to get a chuckle out of your attempts to puff yourself up. Your time might be better spent training pinch than attacking Chris. As it stands now, Daniel is just getting started in the sport and has quite a bit of upside. He'll be pinching over 230 by this time next year. So you will have your work cut out for you in trying to take the record away. But either way, you show your true colors in going after Climber.

P.S. I thank my lucky stars that you consulted on the internet standards with Al Gore when he was inventing it. Otherwise, where would I come to get a chuckle at your ranting and raving about being such a crucial participant in making these Galactic Grip Standards that are so perfect that nobody in the Universe should ever question them for fear that 7 years of history and the record, which you don't hold (and didn't even compete for in WSH this year) might be impacted? Which reminds me, the only attempt at avoiding competition I saw was you skipping all three legs of WSH this year.

:bow :bow :bow :bow I bow to your greatness.

You're a hoot = You are funny to me.

Important/integral/great/accomplished/etc. people rarely have to spend time telling people how important/integral/great/accomplished they are. The number of times you claim over and over to be the brains behind the 82.5K class and the Europinch, etc. are extremely entertaining and tell a lot about you. It tickles my funny bone. Sorry I wasn't more clear earlier. You make me chuckle and I find you to be great comic relief here and on other boards. Good luck on that record.

The 82.5k class is not my idea at all. David Horne introduced that weight class and I supported it. He also came up with the original Euro pinch device idea, after consulting with me back in 2004.

Important/integral/great/accomplished/etc. people rarely have to spend time telling people how important/integral/great/accomplished they are. The number of times you claim over and over to be the brains behind the 82.5K class and the Europinch, etc. are extremely entertaining and tell a lot about you. It tickles my funny bone. Sorry I wasn't more clear earlier. You make me chuckle and I find you to be great comic relief here and on other boards. Good luck on that record.

The 82.5k class is not my idea at all. David Horne introduced that weight class and I supported it. He also came up with the original Euro pinch device idea, after consulting with me back in 2004.

Good thing you were available for the consultation and support. I shudder to think what we would be using otherwise. Probably a couple LGC 25mm vbars glued together or something. :flowers: Good luck in your training Mikael. I look forward to seeing you chase the record. :)

I'm curious as to just how much if any difference the spacer material makes. I can't imagine the rubber inserts compress very much if at all. Mine has rubber so I don't care but there have been and currently are efforts being made to "improve" the system to make for much quicker width changes during contests with large numbers of people. This is being worked on now and Jedd Johnson has been informed of the project and David will be as well - if he has not already - it's not my project. The Euro is the most popular event in grip, but it also takes a very long time with 25 or so competitors and all wanting a different width - a VERY long time. Needs change as the sport grows, testing can be done, and products improved perhaps. I'm off climbing for a week starting today so you all can argue this out without me (thank god) but I might suggest everyone keep an open mind until the prototype is available for testing at least and Jedd and David should then decide - and only them in my opinion.

true, very true