Bending For Today, Long Bars, Bolts

PITTisKING

I bought some 1/2" thick bars from Lowes. 1-HRS, 1-CRS, and 1-Rebar Piece. I bent all of them, but video tape the last two. My first long bars ever. The video is up loading now, I'll post it when it's done.

Also did some short stuff, got a 5" 1/4" thick bolt I've never budged before, I don't know if it's grade 5 or 8, there's a "U" on top of it. Then I attempted a 8" "L9" bolt, I think those are tough, I got in started but then my arms started cramping and my hand started stinging, tore some skin off. The bolts were in IMP's.

gallery_19727_1225_94975.jpg

6" L9 bolt, not 8"

Also was scary close to closing my COC 3, less than 1/8 inch.

Nice bends! But please, never bend CRS and ESPECIALLY rebar for braced bending. You are otherwise just begging for a potential career ending injury or worse. Be careful!!!!!

Bend HRS ONLY for braced bending, no exceptions!!

Edited by naturalstrength

Oh ok, I didn't know, Why is that? Because of how much it springs back?

Lowes had some 3/4" HRS 36" long. They didn't have anything between 1/2 and 3/4 though, so I guess I'll try one on them next.

Oh ok, I didn't know, Why is that? Because of how much it springs back?

Lowes had some 3/4" HRS 36" long. They didn't have anything between 1/2 and 3/4 though, so I guess I'll try one on them next.

Exactly!! The bounce back can cause severe injuries, especially when your bending 3/4" and 20mm round bars. Several years back when the strongman used to bend steel bars, 2 of the competitors suffered pec tears,etc because they substituted the standard HRS with CRS bars.

I do remember that...... Rebar is the devil when it comes to feats of strength!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice bends! But please, never bend CRS and ESPECIALLY rebar for braced bending. You are otherwise just begging for a potential career ending injury or worse. Be careful!!!!!

Is it true you bent a 17" piece of 3/4" rebar or is that just internet rumor?

Is it true you bent a 17" piece of 3/4" rebar or is that just internet rumor?

It was 5/8 HRS at 17" (world record). Nobody has bent 3/4" HRS under 30" yet, much less rebar. Manthos has bent 20mm at 31", which is the best long bar.