This Ain't No Jive - On The Road To 82.5

bencrush

Just did my 2-week weigh-in and I'm down another 3.4lbs - at 216.0lbs now! This will allow me to compete in the 220lb class tomorrow at the USAWA Record Day at Al's Dino Gym. Going to smash a few records there.

Just did my 2-week weigh-in and I'm down another 3.4lbs - at 216.0lbs now! This will allow me to compete in the 220lb class tomorrow at the USAWA Record Day at Al's Dino Gym. Going to smash a few records there.

You rule. Keep up the good work BEN!

Just had my 3-week weigh-in on Saturday. I'm a bit behind on the updates.

Weighed 214.2lbs. Ah well, knew it was going to slow way down and that doesn't surprise me that it's on the 3rd week. I'm going to tighten the belt a bit more on this 4th week and see what I can do. I'm just too close to 200lbs to let up now. Good stuff.

Strength has been consistent and solid. My energy levels have been pretty good too even with the reduced calories. Getting a lot of protein in so that will help me hold on to whatever muscle I have. But to tell the truth I don't really care if I lose a bunch of muscle with the fat to get to 182lbs next year. I mean geez, let's be frank here. I train my grip and enjoy grip contests. Not weightlifting comps or anything like that. I do enjoy the USAWA all-round comps but I tend to target the grip lifts anyway and just coast on the other stuff for fun.

So come what may - I'm ready to embarce a much lighter bodyweight this next year.

Down 1.8lbs for the week's worth of work. Not very good. Still on track to hit 198lbs for the Fall Grip Decathlon unless I get weak and screw this up!

Just typed up my report for Mike T. Nelson regarding my 3rd week on Met Flex. If I can keep up the 2lb-per-week weight loss I will hit 198lbs on October 29th. Then 182lbs on Christmas Eve if I can keep it up for that long. I don't expect that to happen that quickly, but it is in the ouside realm of possibility. Pretty neat.

Keep up the good work! It's tough shedding the pounds but you'll get there. I have an interesting article by a well know british sports nutritionist by the name of Matt Lovell (google him if you like). I've sent it to you, you may or may not find it interesting or helpful, i also have a video file of a seminar that he gave, where he goes into a lot more detail, trouble is its nearly 1GB and i can't upload it to YouTube, so not sure how i could make it accessible to you online :/

Whoa! Just did a pretty cool workout that was inspired by a post on the Conditioning Research blog.

#3 Of The Beast

6 reps every 6 minutes for 6 rounds...#3 of the Beast

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 00:08)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 6:07)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 12:09)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 18:08)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 24:09)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 30:11)

My right hand feels like it got squashed in a vise a few hours after finishing this workout! Good times. I'm not a great repper so it was just my easy #3 instead of a respectable gripper. Gotta start somewhere though. :zorro:

For those that don't know my sense of humor this (#3 of the beast reference) really isn't meant to be offensive. It was just my lame attempt at "naming" a workout like Crossfit and some others do. I get a kick out of that - so this isn't a dig on them. :flowers:

• 1 month later...

Been over a month since my last weight update. Got stuck at 214lbs for almost 3 weeks and then have slowly lost a few more pounds. This last week was quite productive though and I lost 4lbs. Back on track to hit the 199lb cutoff for the Fall Grip Decathlon!

207lbs on the dot this morning! First time below 210lbs in a while. Somewhat of a milestone since I would now theoretically fit in the 95kg weight class at Gripmas. 8lbs and I'll make the cutoff - barely - for the contest. Want to make sure that I'm a few pounds under that though so I don't have to try to run around before the contest to lose a little water weight. :angry2:

Still think I've got a good shot at being the first (contest officially) sub-200lb guy to pull 300lbs on the 2" vertical bar. Or I might be getting way too cocky. Guess we'll find out at the contest! :chris:

Whoa! Just did a pretty cool workout that was inspired by a post on the Conditioning Research blog.

#3 Of The Beast

6 reps every 6 minutes for 6 rounds...#3 of the Beast

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 00:08)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 6:07)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 12:09)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 18:08)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 24:09)

-137lb #3 for 6 reps (finish at 30:11)

My right hand feels like it got squashed in a vise a few hours after finishing this workout! Good times. I'm not a great repper so it was just my easy #3 instead of a respectable gripper. Gotta start somewhere though. :zorro:

For those that don't know my sense of humor this (#3 of the beast reference) really isn't meant to be offensive. It was just my lame attempt at "naming" a workout like Crossfit and some others do. I get a kick out of that - so this isn't a dig on them. :flowers:

Cool. I dig it. while listening to number of the beast from Iron Maiden hahaha