St. Croix Lite Plain #3 Bent In Imps

Mike Rinderle

Legs were a little sore from a battle with a DS5 yesterday so i had to use a towel for the last couple hits.

I still don't know how to embed vids in these posts, so here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF6XaZHKH8E&feature=youtu.be

Mike, don't use the shortened URL to embed. You did it correct actually -- you just are using the shortened URL rather than the full one. I fixed it for you. :)

Cool. :rock I haven’t tried horseshoes but I want to some time soon.

I was going to order two of each of the diamonds from FBBC.

Is the Polo the hardest of the ultra lights? I take it the light #3 is harder than all the ultralites?

Is the Polo the hardest of the ultra lights? I take it the light #3 is harder than all the ultralites?

Anybody know if they allow horseshoes on an airplane? I was thinking of trying to cert the DC1 again maybe after the comp, take in some of that contest adrenaline. If they allow shoes I could bring a couple for you.

As far as those rankings, it goes ultralight (UL) #2, UL #1, Polo #1, DC1, light #3...there are many more. Wigren, Rinderle and those guys know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Anybody know if they allow horseshoes on an airplane? I was thinking of trying to cert the DC1 again maybe after the comp, take in some of that contest adrenaline. If they allow shoes I could bring a couple for you.

As far as those rankings, it goes ultralight (UL) #2, UL #1, Polo #1, DC1, light #3...there are many more. Wigren, Rinderle and those guys know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Are you coming to WSH in Tucson?

Are you coming to WSH in Tucson?

Yes sir. You better be there gripping and pinching your butt off with the rest of us. :mosher

I'll actually fly into Phoenix Thursday. Not sure what you and Russ are up to if you guys are down for dinner Friday. Maybe a little pre-comp smack talk or just a beer.

I'll actually fly into Phoenix Thursday. Not sure what you and Russ are up to if you guys are down for dinner Friday. Maybe a little pre-comp smack talk or just a beer.

I am up for beer and smack talk. The problem is I am up in Flagstaff. Ill see you on the 13th. We can have beer and post-comp excuses!

Yea, the Ultra Lites are the easiest of the St. Croix shoes, then the Polos, then the Lite Rims, then the Lite Plains like this one, and then the Plain Regulars at the top of the St. Croix food chain. The DC0 and DC1 that come in the FBBC Bender Bags would be in between the Polos and the Lite Rims. They are usually considered easy intermediate shoes or really hard beginner shoes. You can actually buy the Diamonds at Tractor Supply Co and skip the shipping if you have one near you.

From St. Croix:

UltraLites: Beginner easy

Polo: Beginner

Lite Rims: Intermediate

Lite Plains: Expert

Plain Reg: Elite

Yea, the Ultra Lites are the easiest of the St. Croix shoes, then the Polos, then the Lite Rims, then the Lite Plains like this one, and then the Plain Regulars at the top of the St. Croix food chain. The DC0 and DC1 that come in the FBBC Bender Bags would be in between the Polos and the Lite Rims. They are usually considered easy intermediate shoes or really hard beginner shoes. You can actually buy the Diamonds at Tractor Supply Co and skip the shipping if you have one near you.

From St. Croix:

UltraLites: Beginner easy

Polo: Beginner

Lite Rims: Intermediate

Lite Plains: Expert

Plain Reg: Elite

Thanks, I went to Olsen’s and they had a ton of horseshoes. They had aluminum ones Titanium and all sorts of expensive horseshoes that were interesting. :online

As far as the bending ones they had only lite rimed and lite planes and plain regs. No ultralites or polos. There were a lot of sizes too to choose from. All new to me. I even picked up a pair of little pony horseshoes. I ll start on them next week after WSH.

Rich

Good deal Rich! The light rims are a step up from the Diamond Classics, but not a ton harder.

aluminium shoes can snap? right?

They shouldn't, but if they are too easy and you really move aluminum fast enough it can. I have snapped 3/8 and 1/2" aluminum bending DO. Not pretty. I would guess the aluminum shoes are a different grade and made to withstand greater torque before snapping, but I wouldn't risk it. The Ultralites should be easy enough (and less expensive) that you shouldn't need to bend Al shoes. Plus, anything I am driving my torso into, that is planted right above my femoral artery, and near enough to other important parts, I don't want to risk it. ;)

I think I remember Zach having an aluminum shoe break on him. I would stay away from them completely