I Would Like To Learn About Bending:

Chosenone7

Hello! Strength Warriors.

My name is Derrick 'BionicMan' Clark. I have been training in fitness for over 22 years now!

I specialized in strength&condtioning.I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I know I have the talents

for bending. I been doing alot of isometric training to strengthen my ligaments&tendons.

Just would like to learn more about bending.

Got a sample of my wrist strength

Derrick, your best bet is to meet up with an experienced steel bender. If you don't have anyone in your area (there's got to be someone within a short drive though I think) you can start going through the bending section here and on BB and YouTube, etc.

There is a wealth of knowledge here and on the internet. Make sure you're getting it from quality sources though. Don't just stop on the first YouTube bending video you see unless there is a reason for you watching that particular person. I'd make sure that person knows what they are doing so you don't learn any bad habits and injure yourself because of it.

Lots of active benders here that put out videos and lots of high quality information and instruction too.

I hope you enjoy the journey of getting stronger! It's an addiction in the bending world - more so than anything else I've encountered so far.

Derrick, your best bet is to meet up with an experienced steel bender. If you don't have anyone in your area (there's got to be someone within a short drive though I think) you can start going through the bending section here and on BB and YouTube, etc.

There is a wealth of knowledge here and on the internet. Make sure you're getting it from quality sources though. Don't just stop on the first YouTube bending video you see unless there is a reason for you watching that particular person. I'd make sure that person knows what they are doing so you don't learn any bad habits and injure yourself because of it.

Lots of active benders here that put out videos and lots of high quality information and instruction too.

I hope you enjoy the journey of getting stronger! It's an addiction in the bending world - more so than anything else I've encountered so far.

+1 ^ Welcome to the sickness.

Hello! Strength Warriors.

My name is Derrick 'BionicMan' Clark. I have been training in fitness for over 22 years now!

I specialized in strength&condtioning.I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I know I have the talents

for bending. I been doing alot of isometric training to strengthen my ligaments&tendons.

Just would like to learn more about bending.

Got a sample of my wrist strength

I love it when guys want to pursue bending! Bending will teach you a lot... In order to help you, please post a vid of you bending and we can go from there.

My link

Here is some basic stuff. There is a lot more out there. Check out people on Utube to see technique. Also check out Diesel Crew and Benders battlefield.

Thanks for the advice Ben

Just go buy you some steel and leather for wraps and start bending. Head to your local hardware store and pick up a few pounds of 60D nails. I got my suede leather wraps from Michaels craft store. Put the two together and have fun. And be sure to visit the sites above you were referred to.

Just go buy you some steel and leather for wraps and start bending. Head to your local hardware store and pick up a few pounds of 60D nails. I got my suede leather wraps from Michaels craft store. Put the two together and have fun. And be sure to visit the sites above you were referred to.

Thanks! How much pressure does it take to bend a 60D nail?

60D nails can vary quite a bit from brand to brand. Here is a chart that shows what different steel including 60D nails have calibrated at. Just look for 6inch 60D nails on the chart. There are several listed.

60D nails can vary quite a bit from brand to brand. Here is a chart that shows what different steel including 60D nails have calibrated at. Just look for 6inch 60D nails on the chart. There are several listed.

Cool! One more thing. How do you measure psi on the front weaver stick lift?Saying since it a leveraging

exercises, I wonder how much pound for pressure it take to do a lift of 5 pounds or better.

Weight x length = pounds of torque per inch. Not precise but good enough to measure progress.

Jedd has a ebook and DVD on learning bending on his site that may be what you're looking for as well.

Thanks for the mention on my ebook and DVD, Jason.

Derrick, there is a ton of great info all over this board, BB, and the net.

If you would rather get all of it in one resource, I'd suggest my ebook.

If you want video demonstrations that will walk you through technique, then my DVD is a good resource.

Also, there is an ebook available through the board that is cheaper. Not sure what all is in it.

If you buy from me or from the board, you are supporting the board, as I am a sponsor here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here, or send me a PM.

No pressure to buy, but check out the links in my signature if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jedd

Derrick -

Jedd's ebook helped me out a TON! I think I had been bending for about a year when I got it--DO and DU, not really ever getting the DO technique down... until I went through his stuff, then it really clicked for me. I set PRs every session for months!

I am still impressed by Jedd's bending e-book and it's even more impressive considering I first started bending in 2000. Along the way I clawed my way up to elite bender status and made just about every mistake in the book.

Get Jedd's e-book and you can avoid making most of the mistakes that will set you back.

Weight x length = pounds of torque per inch. Not precise but good enough to measure progress.

Jedd has a ebook and DVD on learning bending on his site that may be what you're looking for as well.

Thanks! Shoggoth.Seem it alot of nice people on this forum.

Derrick -

Jedd's ebook helped me out a TON! I think I had been bending for about a year when I got it--DO and DU, not really ever getting the DO technique down... until I went through his stuff, then it really clicked for me. I set PRs every session for months!

Thanks! I check it out!

I am still impressed by Jedd's bending e-book and it's even more impressive considering I first started bending in 2000. Along the way I clawed my way up to elite bender status and made just about every mistake in the book.

Get Jedd's e-book and you can avoid making most of the mistakes that will set you back.

Thanks Ben. I check it out! Plus I watch vids of people bending.