21 7/8" X 5/8" Braced Bend

Mike Rinderle

I'm not going to post the video here because I dropped a few f-bombs. Richard Bean sent me this piece to try. It was a bear! I battled it for over 10 minutes before it finally moved past parallel. Definitely the hardest piece at this width I have bent. Almost gave up a couple times, but I promised Richard if he sent it, I would bend it. Burst a few hundred blood vessels on my face. Have a very nice case of bender's pox. :blush

Here's the finished bar (Red nail for scale):

BeanersMutantNinjaHRS.jpg

And here is a shot of the bender's pox :laugh:trout

Smallpox.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Excellent bend there Mike. I am sorry your face took such a beating.

I'm pretty sure my legs will look much worse tomorrow. :cry But as you know, it only hurts while you're doing it and then you have a really cool trophy. :rock

By the way, my sweep is really coming along. Kinked it like butter and had it in crush territory by the 2 minute mark. Thanks for all your help buddy!

Wow man. That is a crazy bend. I can't imaging that force required to bend it.

Lat time my face looked like that I had a few too many beers at the Baseball House at college.

Sweet bend, my tractor supply finally got HRS so I have a 24 cut and ready for the week end. The face looks good, great for work talk.

Sweet bend, my tractor supply finally got HRS so I have a 24 cut and ready for the week end. The face looks good, great for work talk.

You'll murder it bro!

I've never had bender's pox, I must not be trying hard enough :yikes

I've never had bender's pox, I must not be trying hard enough :yikes

I've always said that about you Wiggy. If you would just put in some effort, you could be decent at bending someday. :tongue

I don't think it's a matter of effort actually. More to do with creating a bit too much internal pressure and holding the hits really long. I've gotten them on big DO bends and isos before, but usually they come from deads or squats. This was the worst I've ever had them. Even had them on my shoulders and upper chest. Crazy. Good news is, I was already ugly, so no harm done. :D