What Is Decent On The Wrist Developer

bencrush

Is Level 5 Gold pretty decent? I ask because that's what I barely got at the KC Qualifier II grip contest in mid-May. Austin Acree won the event with something a hair past that. Josh Dale beat me too so I wonder if Level 5 Gold is decent since it's the Grip Nats qualifying minimum. But that doesn't tell me if it's decent or not really. The qualifying performances vary from what I consider pretty hard (and undoable for me at any point in my grip career) - like a 2HP of 200lbs - to ridiculously easy - 200lbs on the 2" vbar.

I used to own a Wrist Developer but didn't have the Gold spring. To be honest - I don't remember what my best performance on it was when I had it. I seem to remember the easiest setting was super difficult for me though. Think I was stronger at this contest than I had been at any time prior on the WD - without training it in any fashion. I haven't bent reverse in some months now so I wasn't training that either.

The Wrist Developer is featured in the 2012 Michigan Grip Championships so I'd better get to bending or levering or buy another Wrist Developer so I don't lose a bunch of points in that event.

Ben, you might take a look at the results from the WSH series last year on David's site to get an idea. I think my best was around Gold Lvl 9, with a very close miss at Lvl 10.

-Aaron

Didn't Austin have a harder spring and we decided that since it was harder than the qualifying spring, if you hit it on that you were good? I wanna say the wasp spring but I don't really know the WD stuff so I could be wrong. I just remember him saying that the orange one was easier than the Nats spring and the other one was quite a bit harder.

Level 5 ain't bad bro. I'd have to see your technique to really give an assessment.