First Time Promoter

Ross Love

Already got a food sponsor commitment!

Dempseys pub in League City. They are literally 100ft from the gym AND they have a 7lb Burger Challenge for whoever is feeling extra groggy lol. I tried it once and was able to eat 5 1\4 lbs... Rough way to fail lol.

I personally hauled every plate we used in the comp. the Diesel crew helped us put on a few summers ago to the post office and had them certified(mark them twice AND with a stick on tape for easy loading identification. MOST weights weigh light but, there has been as much as a range from 38lb-51 lb. actual weight on plates I have seen weighed that read "45". UPS has their scales carefully kept up with (we now have one in house) and believe me it stays certified and accurate because they WILL charge you for every ounce shipped. Yes, being a "promoter" is not all roses but that is part of it. I do feel the weighing of plates is important as far as potential records are concerned and if entry fees are charged to the contestants they with their entry deserve a certain amount of care and accuracy being given as far as equipment used.RS

Thanks Arturo, I was confused though, is he against upright rows or not? Benching and UR both just feel horrible on my shoulders when I do them so I avoid them. Whether Jedd or Eric approve or disapprove isn't going to influence whether or not I do them. I asked Jedd because I figured maybe I was doing them wrong or he knew a better way to do them but it doesn't sound like he's a fan of them either.

Josh, Eric is against them. He is one of the very few contributors for T-nation that I trust, he really does know his anatomy and works with athletes. His explinations are also always very deep, not just superficial opinions, always profound reasonings. I can see why you got confused though, after he states why the upright rows are almost always bad for almost anyone, he proceeds to answer the question that some guys could have: "don't olympic lifters kindof upright row that bar up?" and talks a lot why it might look like that, but in reality they don't.

Hey Josh one more thing, I have never tried this myself, but I've read numerous authors (Pavel included) saying that if Bench Press bother your shoulder(s), you might want to try reverse-grip bench. Just use a supinated grip. I've read this a few times over the past few years but I know it's still a rather uknown exercise. I did find this video about 2-3 years ago and thought it was super impressive:

I can see why it would be different. I guess it wouldn't allow you to splay the elbows out and form a "T" with them. Maybe there's more to it, I don't know, just throwing it out there in case you're interested. :)