5/16" X 7" Hex Crs "hexabastard"

RichardBean1

This is one of my 5/16" Hex's from the recent "retarded" batch from FBBC that has been calibrated at 591 lbs at 7". I hate that I had to bend this in doubles but I had to do what I had to do. Very hard stock but it was embarrassed by getting crushed down to 1 1/4".....

Nice! Id like to get into bending after I finish the RRBT.

Nice bend Richard!

Thanks Ben. I finally got those new crush pads from your buddy. thanks for setting me up with him. I hope they are as good as you say they are. They seem to spin around on the steel a lot though. have you noticed that or am I just not applying pressure correctly on them? I remember you put up a video on your crush pads before maybe I will have to revisit it and see if I missed something. Thanks again Ben.

I look forward to crushing down a Mag bastard with them soon.

Rich

Nice bend! I tried one of those in singles last year and it wasn't moving much.

I tried in singles a month or so ago and moved it about 5 degrees. Not sure if I could move it much more than that right now. Thanks for checking it out. Big Hex Cert Sunday or Monday.

I tried in singles a month or so ago and moved it about 5 degrees. Not sure if I could move it much more than that right now. Thanks for checking it out. Big Hex Cert Sunday or Monday.

The big tard is going down. I know it!

Nice bend Richard!

Thanks Ben. I finally got those new crush pads from your buddy. thanks for setting me up with him. I hope they are as good as you say they are. They seem to spin around on the steel a lot though. have you noticed that or am I just not applying pressure correctly on them? I remember you put up a video on your crush pads before maybe I will have to revisit it and see if I missed something. Thanks again Ben.

I look forward to crushing down a Mag bastard with them soon.

Rich

You'll have to practice a bit with those crush pads but if they are spinning around on the steel it means you're not holding them right - assuming that you're using the right size pads for the diameter steel you're bending. Jason Payne makes those in 5/16" and 3/8" diameter. The pads would spin around if you were using the 3/8" pads (holes are 3/8" diameter) for a 5/16" diameter bend. There are some subtle form points with the crush pads. Work with them often! You'll get very proficient with them. And then the sky's the limit.